What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/6/24 2:37 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Surprise! We made it to truck Day after all! I was elbow deep in frosting when the decision was made, so I had to abandon what I was doing and get cleaned up and dressed quickly. It was very cold but I am glad we made it! The people watching did not disappoint. Sadly, we learned that the older woman who was always there every year, dressed from head to toe in a wild Red Sox getup, and gave out Red Sox glitter to the crowd, has passed away. But her "glitterati" were present and there were many stories told about her and her glitter tradition. Personally, I took that there is an opening for a crazy lady at Truck Day, and I might just take up the challenge. Why not!?

Here are Wally and Tessie helping to load the truck :)

This morning I am delivering an order to a client about an hour away. I'll take the opportunity while I am already out to run a bunch of errands. I have no food in the house so I will stop at Trader Joe's, and I need to find some new cute work shoes. I hate shoe shopping. I love shoes, but I wear a kid size and it is so hard to find anything that looks professional. Whenever I find something I like that fits well, I usually buy 80 pairs from that brand and then don't go back to shoe shopping again until I absolutely have to.

QOTD: What is your favorite type of art movement or style? One of my favorite museums is the Museum of American Illustration and it has a lot of Maxfield Parrish, Norman Rockwell, and tons of other illustrations from turn of the century publications. I especially love the Art Nouveau style illustrations.

I am not exaggerating when I say I have no fresh food. I will have a veggie burger for breakfast before I leave for my errands this morning, and then I will get some good stuff at Trader Joe's for lunch and dinner :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Dcgirl
on 2/6/24 2:55 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Ahhh TJs! I just had to throw away a few very delicious very high carb frozen items from there that I realized no one else in the house would eat and I don't need! I'm a sucker for all their items. I hope you have a good shopping trip! I got some aglio olio seasoning that I'm obsessed with. They have some $6.99 body oil in an orange bottle that people online are losing their mind over. And a new peanut satay sauce.

I am glad you took a day for Truck day! Mid week outings will be fewer so now's the time! I'm taking Friday off for a friend who will be in town. And because I survived the month with 1,681 days.

Qotd: I love abstract art (to paint) but one of my favorite artists is Gaudi. Barcelona is a magical city for so many reasons but especially because of his designs (La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell, etc)

I'm wide awake as always and debated doing a 7 am gym class instead of 8 but not sure yet!

B: leftover shawarma chicken and cheese and hummua

L: maybe tuna or egg salad. Both are easy.

D: pad thai with tofu from a meal kit. Except it arrived two weeks ago so no more green onion. But it should still be tasty!

Emiepie
on 2/6/24 5:27 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Are you sure January was only 1,681 days?!?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 2/6/24 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You're killing the exercise. WTG!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Dcgirl
on 2/6/24 9:28 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks! So are you! I have been cheering you on! How was the trampoline class??? I did one once and I liked it! I have to find something I love or I just will not do it. These jazzercise classes are a mix of dance cardio and strength training, set to awesome music, and I actually look forward to it! I ended up doing two 45-minute classes, who am I?!

Melody P.
on 2/6/24 3:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! Yay for making it to truck day! It looks like fun.

About 4 hours ago my headache finally lifted. My legs feel a tiny bit better. I got some chopped up sleep...about 4 hours total. Better than nothing and I might try and lay down again soon. I still have an irritated throat but it's only when I let it dry out. Stomach is 100% better. Yay!

Not so yay news. They denied to cover my ablation scheduled for next week. They are going to do a peer to peer meeting with my doctor today so I hope it works out. I'd of cried if I wasn't afraid my headache would come back. If you could say a prayer or send some positiveness my way for an overturned decision I'd really appreciate it. Why they covered the trial runs only to deny the actual procedure seems rather cruel to me. It's like you could feel better but naw it was just a joke.

Since I'm feeling so much better we'll prob go get so,e groceries. We don't have a lot of basics. We may go to the thrift store but I kind of doubt it. I haven't mentioned some of the developments with the ****ty neighbor. She may not be manufacturing drugs per se but something is definitely up. We've seen her put gallon sized bags of an off white substance in a certain place and she'll leave. Someone comes by and gets it. Hiding what he's doing. Making it look like he's picking something like a piece of clothing up while covering the bag part of the way. That and they put a stove out that had the front glass panel blown out and burned up on the inside. It had been in their garage. So life is very stressful right now for my mom and me.

QOTD: internationally I like impressionist and for a us based I like the Hudson valley art movement. Honestly I love art and architecture so thee isn't a lot I don't like or at least respect.

breakfast was eggs....the rest is undetermined.

Grim_Traveller
on 2/6/24 4:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Fingers crossed for the peer to peer.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 2/6/24 5:29 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the peer to peer review goes well, maybe it was just can issue with some paperwork? I'm glad you're feeling better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 2/6/24 7:35 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good luck with the Peer to Peer.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 2/6/24 3:20 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! You would be perfect as a glitter tossing truck watching fan. Have you tried Tieks? They have kid sizes, it's part of there mommy and me line. I like them, they are in my top three for shoes for conferences I can't wear sneakers to.

Heading to the office today so I minimized my meetings, meeting friends after work for dinner and to see my friends new house (she lost her house and everything in our big fires in 2021 but they moved back in to the rebuild right before christmas). Her house is right near my office so that works out well. Another friend is also supposed to join us but it's always 50/50 she's a notorious flake but we love her. Taking a rest day just because of what time I will have to leave and what time I will get home.

QOTD Impressionists! Although a few years ago the DAM had an exhibit that included several Titians and the vibrancy of the colors after 500 years still sticks with me, they were beautiful.

coffee plus half and half X2

string cheese and yogurt

patty from smashburger

cheeseboard from the mozzarella bar, plus meatballs, bread and salad

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 3 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?