on 4/16/24 8:57 am
RNY on 02/14/18

If I can call you Betty, Betty you can call me Al...call me Al

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/16/24 4:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning gang. We had a beautiful 75 degree day yesterday, and we're excited to go pick up some flowers for the yard. But they aren't out yet. The home center was mostly empty. It doesn't seem to early, though I guess it must be.

No ham today. I got a terrible toothache yesterday and couldn't eat. I'm waiting to call the dentist when they open at 9.

QOTD: I think doctors would want me to stop eating and drinking everything I consume. I'm operating on the principle of don't ask, don't get told.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 4/16/24 5:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good luck with the dentist!

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/16/24 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good luck at the dentist. I hope they fix ya up in no time.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 4/16/24 4:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Wowza. Queen, my heart breaks for you. And Grim, I highly suggest a two week "business trip" So that the next time I see you is in person and not on a Dateline episode LOL! No but in all seriousness QJB that sounds really hard. You must be having severe issues if that even seems like something you can do. I know you can do it, you've done so many other hard things. Is this for life or just til the GERD gets under control? I guess look on the bright side - at least you don't have to cut out CHEESE!

Q: hmm probably gluten. I know I shouldn't eat tortillas and bread and pasta but they're so yummy! Spices would be a hard no for me, I am a super spicy gal!

I had a wonderful evening with a friend who is in town but I got home at 11 and I'm tired! I am already working cuz I'm cutting out at 4 to take my stepdaughter to gym class and Costco. Exciting times! Ha. I really do love both activities, not gonna lie!

B: I'm feeling like a can of tuna would do me right. With chopped up spicy pickles and some mayo

L: leftover turkey meat sauce and a few noodles

D: hmmm game time decision depending on what I get at Costco!

Have a most wonderful day!

Melody P.
on 4/16/24 5:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! QJB, good luck with the new plan! You've got this! It'll be rough for a bit. I once gave up caffeine for a good year due to GERD and it does help. I still think though that you should ask for a scope. I think that's more than reasonable.

I was going to spray the weeds this morning but the wind picked up overnight. I might be able to do it later today. I have a dentist appointment at 11 something to finalize my new dentures. When I get home I need to do laundry, clean a bit and cook some bone broth. We were able to get the deal at Sam's I was hoping they'd have. They break down the previous days rotisserie chickens and sell them in packs of either 4 breasts or 4 leg quarters. Get this...for 2 cents shy of 4 bucks! Less than a dollar for a whole breast. You can't beat it. The one I got had an extra wing so an even bigger deal. It'll make some great broth. I also need to make some jello and pudding today for the next few days. Make some ice packs and what not,

I am super nervous about tomorrow. I have to be there at 7:30. Some positive thoughts are appreciated if you feel so inclined. My last dental experience was an absolute nightmare so that doesn't help.

QOTD: caffeine and dairy is a huge tie. It was very hard but you acclimate. I did have to give them up for a period. Third is eggs. I am thankful that I can have them now. Vegan cheese is not my favorite. Not horrible but cheese is hard to replicate well.

B: eggs, aioli, cheese and 4 saltines. Coffee x 2

L: chicken and ???

D: something light.

Grim_Traveller
on 4/16/24 8:50 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good luck tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 4/16/24 2:45 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! Hope you had luck with the dentist today as well.

Amy Liz
on 4/16/24 5:23 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yes, a little trip to the seaside would fix me too! I'm happy to see you have your GERD plan all mapped out and hope the changes bring you fast relief. It would appear I eat pro-gerd compared, but seem to tolerate it okay. Yesterday was busy and irritating. I'm so thankful for my work friend that I have very fun, petty-***** sessions with - she makes work life so much better. Today should sail - I have much to do.

QOTD - Any restrictions really - it will only make me want it more and obsess. Right now, the worst thing to take away would be carbs again. I added carbs into my plan recently and it helped change my good/bad food noise and stop my food obsessions.

Accountability - perfect, 181.2 *@$%&*@#$%&@*%&$^%@!*. Day 2 on the treadmill, 25 minutes before I knew it. Huh. Why do I make easy stuff seem so hard? It's 100% mental. Just do it.

B- coffee, L&F yogurt, strawberries, protein granola

L- chicken w/spicy cauli rice and salsa

D- spaghetti meat sauce, cottage cheese bowl with parm

S- cucumbers and tomatoes

741/90

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 4/16/24 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your response to the Qotd really resonates. I have learned if I have sweets (cookies, chocolate) in the house so they are available, I rarely want them. That's why I freeze everything, it's there but it won't go bad. Last year I through out expired GS cookie's and I didn't even know who I was. But if I don't have them in the house, all I think about is "I want a Twix". The only exception is ice cream Bars...even pre op, I would have a pint of ice cream u til it freezer burned to inedibility...but an ice cream bar, I would eat them all until I was sick. I found that is still the same now the last time it tried the Hold The Cone from TJs. They are not allowed in my house.

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 163 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views