What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Lisa91941
on 4/16/24 7:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

A good day was had all the way around yesterday. Had a fun TJ's run with little crowds and mucho good food picks. Came home with 5 bags packed full and feel completely restocked now. Visited all day with my niece, chatting with her in between her work Zoom calls and then she came with us to meet up with our son at the event he was in town for. One of our little "villages" here is called North Park and it's full of fun bars and restaurants. His main brand had the event at a divey little Tequila bar. I spent 4.5 hours there enjoying everyone and not one drop of alcohol was consumed by me. And I stayed away from the chips and guac. What more could you ask from a girl? Such a fun time with him and it's nice to see how much his business associates think of him. I got praise all afternoon for raising such a nice man. Went home with a full heart.

Today I have zero plans and Rog is off golfing today. Maybe a walk. Maybe some art. Maybe work on the book Sheila turned me on to that is scaring the crap out of me and is now a daylight only book. Eeeek!

QoTD: I gave up caffeine and decaf in August 2019. I had been on decaf only for 10 years before that, but even decaf has enough caffeine that I cant' tolerate it. That also means I can't drink white, black or green tea. It's still a bummer, but one adjusts and I have. But I don't think I would want to live if I had to give up meat proteins. Nothing says happy like a perfectly cooked chicken thigh. I'm weird. I know.

Foods today are

B: trying TJ's new protein (to me at least) protein pancake mix. 2 pancakes = 140 cals plus a bit of syrup.

L: homemade chicken salad with a few grapes and apples chopped in on one piece of protein bread

D: Roasting a chicken. Yum! Will roast it on top of cornbread croutons and butternut squash and serve with a side of broccoli. Is it dinner time yet?

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 4/16/24 7:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

All your food today sounds amazing! I've been craving chicken salad lately. Roasting a chicken on top of croutons? I'm trying that next time! Protein pancakes - I still haven't tried the bag I have that is Pearl Milling protein pancake mix, but the TJ's cals seem way batter - LMK how they are!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Melody P.
on 4/17/24 1:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Your food does sound amazingly tasty! Especially dinner...will have to try that sometime.

Lisa91941
on 4/17/24 7:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

The chicken was awesome, Mel. Super easy. You should totally try it one day!

Julia S.
on 4/16/24 7:59 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Fruit, yogurt and cheese, some days that's what I survive on.

I had gerd pre-op and ulcers post-op so I'm on omeprazole twice a day probably for life. I hope you get it under control because it's so awful.

Frost warning for tonight. Isn't it the middle of April? Boy was the Farmers Almanac wrong they said the last day of frost would be February 23rd. Good thing my little plants are still on the glassed in front porch. On sunny days it's toasty out there, but you can open the sliding glass doors and it's basically a screened in porch. One of the things that I love about this house.

I really need to get some work done, I've been procrastinating and I have to do another class at 2:30 today. So I'd better get to it.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Melody P.
on 4/17/24 1:13 am - Amarillo, TX

We're supposed to be 86° today or hotter. This weekend we'll have a low around 34° with a high in the 40's. It's crazy!

Mkess
on 4/16/24 8:13 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

C'mon Tuesday, Daddy needs a new pair of shoes.

It's treatment day. Yay. When it's really effective, it's like a hitting a weekly reset button.

QOTD- Red meat. I've adjusted before but I feel a real connection to my meat. It's like the Portlandia chicken sketch; I want to know my cows name, it's diet, what prefecture it's family originates from, if it had a happy calf-hood, what hobbies did it have and what are it's stance on hot button issues.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, tangerine.

L: rotisserie chicken salad w actual salad.

D: steak stir fry onions, shrooms.

S: mini cannoli

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Teenie
on 4/16/24 10:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good afternoon, Queen JB and Meneurs,

Funny you think the site is better, but this is the first time I was able to log in. I am so sorry about the gerd. I hope they can find a better solution.

I been going to the gym and trying to eat better but the scale is fighting me. I thought it would drop last night because I did so well yesterday, the scale said otherwise. I feel very defeated. Hopefully things will change around soon. The only thing I find that is keeping me from absolutely falling apart is all of my clothes still fit. I can only hope things turn around soon.

QOTD: Cheese

Accountability: I guess the Strawberry whipped cream from Aldi but I only had a few squirts.

TSS: 6 years 4-months 5-days 166.2 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee mate Chocolate Caramel creamer

MS: L&F creme Brule Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: chicken and cabbage, canalope and snack select

D: crock pot chicken

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Melody P.
on 4/17/24 1:15 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I am struggling too. Since I've started insulin I've gained about 15 pounds and it's not coming down. We just have to stay the course and not give up. You've got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 1 replies · 7 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 242 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 255 views