The VSG is the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!!!

mit_tens
on 4/4/11 12:22 am, edited 4/4/11 12:23 am - Woodstock, CT
Hi guys, I used to post on here alot but with my work schedule and just being plain busy I haven't been able to get on to much.

Anyhow...I had my surgery in Oct 2010 with Dr. Aceves in Mexico and have since dropped 57 pounds!!!! This feels like a dream come true for me...I feel better physically as well as mentally.

I do concentrate on eating protein first but I wont lie and say I ha vent snuck in some chocolate or french fries.. lol. I have gone from 245 to 188 im 6 months....and I NEVER thought I would see onederland again. I LOVE MY SLEEVE and I wish I had done it years ago instead of waiting...but alas here I am....happy as can be!

If anyone is contemplating the VSG my only advice is DO IT~

Your past does not equal, nor does it dictate, your future. 

HW~245
CW~178
GW~130

Thats 268 sticks of butter GONE!          
_aprilh_
on 4/4/11 12:29 am - OK
Congrats on the weight loss! Glad to hear you are happy and doing well! Take care and keep up the good work!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Megdrassil
on 4/4/11 12:30 am - MI
It's always good to hear people who are happy with their decision.  I'm still quite a ways out from my VSG.. and am more anxious than ever!!  I can't wait, I'd have it done tomorrow if they'd let me :P

Congrats on your sucess

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/11 12:48 am
Congratulations and thanks for an update!  Hearing everyone's successes helps all the rest of us by confirming this is the right decision!  I'm waiting to have my surgery (hopefully in May) and of course there are days I have doubts only because its such a life changing decision and I'm scared I'll go thru with the surgery and not lose any weight.

Your doing GREAT!!!!
KrisJ77
on 4/4/11 12:52 am - TX
YAY! I bet those fries tasted good too!! Lol!!!  I am so happy for you!!!

foodlover
on 4/4/11 1:01 am
congrats to you!!!!
debk21
on 4/4/11 1:22 am - Mansfield, TX
Congrats on your awsome losses!  Sounds like you are happy and doing well.  Thanks for checking in and letting us know how its going.  Keep up the good work!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Ms Shell
on 4/4/11 1:55 am - Hawthorne, CA
DO IT!!  Love it...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Pattie_M
on 4/4/11 2:25 am - TX

I was wondering where you'd been.  Thanks for updating us with your progress.  So glad you're happy with your sleeve......so am I.

Don't be a stranger.

Blessings,

Pattie

Renee B.
on 4/4/11 2:37 am
 It is great to hear from you!! You are doing great!!
HW282 SW272 CW170 GW150 "I am allergic to carbs. They make me break out in fat.    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views