maybe beating a dead horse, but anyone with fed bcbs denied?

crystal W.
on 4/7/11 2:21 am - east liverpool, OH
if you were, what was the reason and did you have to start all over with the supervised diet?

Thanks
johnbertak
on 4/7/11 2:40 am - MD
I have CareFirst Blue Cross, and I had to do the 6 mos. waiting period - it wasn't exactly a diet for me, just had to have a paper-trail that showed I was consulting a dietitian for 6 mos.  My only regret is that I used part of that 6 mos. as a "last meal" agenda - ultimately I lost 24 lbs. prior to surgery.  Hang in there.
Pop-Pop

crystal W.
on 4/7/11 2:58 am - east liverpool, OH
I think that's what I did too.  I never felt like that the first time I was getting ready for surgery, but this last 3 months my appetite has just been totally out of control.

I put myself on all protein shakes and broth/soup so hopefully I can lose what I've gained since getting this all started in Jan.
MrsWash07
on 4/7/11 3:18 am - Houma, LA
 I had BCBS of TX and all I had to was lose a few pounds and there was no other requirements. My doc said that TX insurances are more likely to approve. I live in Louisiana, but my husband's company was out of Texas. That was one good thing about where he worked!!

crystal W.
on 4/7/11 5:21 am - east liverpool, OH
that is lucky.  Hope you're doing well with the surgery
emelar
on 4/7/11 5:41 am - TX
I have BCBS FEP and was approved in 2 weeks.  I had surgery last year, though - before the new requirements kicked in.
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 6:03 am
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I have Fed BCBS and was approved within 2 days. Had a 40 BMI, no co-morbidities, 3 months of documented Weigh****chers meeting, and the psych eval.
crystal W.
on 4/7/11 8:38 am - east liverpool, OH
Hi, CJ

Did you lose gain or maintain the 3 months in WW?
(deactivated member)
on 4/7/11 12:46 pm
VSG on 03/14/11 with
I lost but not much. They didn't seem interested in whether I lost or gained, just proof of any kind of legit weight loss program. I just copied the pages of the little WW book where they record the weight and date and that's all they needed. No questions asked.......
WVLoser
on 4/7/11 6:58 am - Wheeling, WV
I am currently waiting on a reply for my appeal (they only have 7 days left).  I to have Federal BCBS.  I was denied based on the "experimental" statement.  Earlier this week I spoke to the person handling my case and she seemed pretty optimistic, but we shall see.  Just keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Beth

PS - I'm not that far from you  - Wheeling, WV!!!

HW: 250  SW:  239   CW: 176
Month #1:  12 lbs
Month #2:  17 lbs
Month #3:  14 lbs
Month #4:  9 lbs
Month #5:  6 lbs
Month #6:  2 lbs
Month #7:  3 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views