Oatmeal

Patricia M.
on 5/3/11 2:30 pm
Is it safe to eat oatmeal? I am on stage 3. The book i got said oatmeal not safe but different websites mention ok to eat.
Lisa S.
on 5/3/11 2:44 pm - TX
Oatmeal is on my list of approved foods, but I'd ask, just to be sure! Each doctor has a different reasoning for his restrictions. lol I know it's frustrating!

I wish you luck! I know how good oatmeal sounds right now!

melanie L.
on 5/3/11 2:53 pm
Ive been eating oatmeal since i was 6 weeks out. It makes me feel full longer during the morning...

(deactivated member)
on 5/3/11 3:06 pm
I was given the ok for oatmeal Quaker Weight Control Instant Oatmeal and I make it with nonfat milk to add more protein
BriarRose
on 5/3/11 3:08 pm
I love oatmeal. But I can only eat about half a packet !!! I too make it with milk for more protein !
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
ms_dar
on 5/3/11 9:10 pm - Canada
Every doctor has their own meal plan.  You chose your doctor for a reason and maybe it is best to stick with what is suggested by that doctor?? I tried instant oatmeal when it was allowed for me and found it just didn't sit well in my sleeve..same thing with pasta and potatoes.  Although I was always a pasta lover, I have learned to adapt and enjoy meals without those foods that cause me discomfort.  I'm sure you will soon learn what works for you and your sleeve too.  Enjoy your journey to  a smaller you!

shekicks
on 5/3/11 9:51 pm - Dallas, GA
I ate it pretty early on,  just a small amount.  I also put in a scoop of vanilla protein powder to bump up the count!

Beverly

5' 0"              HW-207 / SW-194 / CW-132/ GW-125             57 years old!

babzmcgee
on 5/3/11 10:46 pm
 If oatmeal is a "no no" for you right now, I believe cream of wheat is a good alternative. Perhaps you can check to see if you can have that? I know it was on my list at 3 weeks out.
OH Support Group Leader

Carmelita
on 5/4/11 12:38 am, edited 5/4/11 12:42 am - Four Corners, NM
fattofabinfeb
on 5/4/11 12:49 am
I'm having it for breakfast right now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 130 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 384 views