I'm lonely on this site.

maxie1
on 5/4/11 11:37 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13

Hi,
  I want to interact with all of you. I only have a few friends and no one else answers me.   I want to be included in all your questions, problems, and fun.  This is a great group of people and I want to know all of you..  I'm fun too, my name is Susan my dog is maxie, and I am very overweight and can't wait till my surgery coming up..  
  I love reading all your posts so if you can include me more.  Thanks.

susan                                                                                                
BriarRose
on 5/4/11 11:43 am, edited 5/4/11 11:43 am
Just jump in there. I don't quite understand you feeling left out...this is a message board. You write, people write, it's not 'real life' friendships. I would suggest finding a support group for weight loss surgery in your town, so you can meet people.

Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
maxie1
on 5/4/11 11:49 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
I don't believe that alot of 'REAL LIFE FRIENDSHIPS" can be found on forums like this.   This is something that you have in common and will for the rest of your life.   Maybe I wrote it up wrong but I will jump in more.  thanks.  

susan                                                                                                
peachynptc
on 5/4/11 11:50 am - Fayetteville, GA
You are my friend Susan. I have tried to "friend" people especially in my state, a lot don't get on here much if at all anymore from what I have found. Enjoy the treasure trove of information. Save a document in Word named "WLS" and copy and paste info from here to there. You will enjoy going back and reading the knowledge shared here. Print it out. I have about 50 pages now of ideas from others.
Enjoy!!

VSG: 4/11/11 by Dr. Kevin McGill at Buckhead Bariatrics, Atlanta, GA.

Looking for Support Group near Fayetteville/Peachtree City, GA

maxie1
on 5/4/11 11:53 am - PA
RNY on 06/10/13
Thanks you know what I meant.   I'ts fun to be included in the conversations and you do hook up with friends.    We are all going thru the same thing at one point on this site and its good to make friendships.  I think so at least.  And you also are my friend.
susan                                                                                                
_aprilh_
on 5/4/11 11:51 am - OK
I have noticed people have a tendency to answer and respond to things that are important or similar to themselves. I have found I do this myself. Don't take it personally, just know that you will grow and learn from all the posts that are important and similar to you. I look forward to visiting with you in the future. You are not alone, just new. Keep reaching out, keep learning and we shall see you an the losers bench soon!
"I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me!"
 April ~ 39y/o, 6'0", HW 292, SW 268.4, CW 188, BMI 26.7

Jennchap
on 5/4/11 11:54 am - CA
 Hi Maxie 
Im sorry you're having a rough time of it getting into the group. When I very first started on the VSG board I sometimes felt like an outsider trying to get in. I just got more involved and within about a month of joining decided to plan and host an event in my area to try and make some new friends. I know you can do it and we are all here to love and support you!
Hugs
Jen
HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

_rebecca
on 5/4/11 12:47 pm - Houston, TX
VSG on 12/27/10 with
Good luck with your upcoming surgery!  We are all here for you!
ToDream
on 5/4/11 12:48 pm - Comox, Canada
I've had difficulty jumping in on OH... there's alot of cliquey crankyness on the main board it seems. I frequent other VSG only boards more but I do like coming to this part of OH more than the main board.

Follow my Entire Journey at www.myaceinhand.blogspot.com

VSG April 25,2011   SW 223/ GW 135/ CW 135

WLS goal reached Feb 2012... now on to my body reconstruction Early 2014!!  

Helen S.
on 5/4/11 12:51 pm - TX
Hi Maxie! I'm new to this board too. And I'm still going through this process of all the tests and having my insurance approved. I've spent alot of time on  here, and read a lot of the posts, but don't respond often because I'm looking so frantically for information and people's experiences on here. I would LOVE to stay in touch with you and hear all about your journey. Lucky you, having a date already!!!  I'm going to add you as a friend... if I can figure out how to do it. haha
Hugs!
Helen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views