Orange Juice!

Kelli S.
on 1/17/12 3:44 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Hello All!

I love me some OJ but I have avoided it since I had surgery because of all the sugar and calories that it contains.

I am looking for an OJ that has reduced calories and sugar that actually tastes like REAL OJ.

I tried my store brand premium light OJ and it was just gross...

Any suggestions?

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

Ms Shell
on 1/17/12 5:07 am - Hawthorne, CA
There is almost NOTHING out there to compare to Real OJ...but good luck.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Ms Shell
on 1/17/12 5:08 am - Hawthorne, CA
My suggestion is just buy the regular and limit yourself to 4oz say a day or every other day.  MY problem is I cannot drink just 4oz =(

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

suitebliss
on 1/17/12 10:14 am - Southfield, MI
VSG on 03/01/12
Good idea, but if the 4oz is still too sweet - try diluting it with water.
tripmom02
on 1/17/12 5:09 am - NJ
 I would rather work a very small amount of the real stuff into my plan, maybe once every other week, then drink the "fake" stuff LOL I have not been able to find one that tastes anywhere near the real thing and isn't gross. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/17/12 5:25 am
So I'm not sure if it's right of me to compare this with my former Diet Coke addiction, but I'll give it a whirl and you can take it or leave it.

I loved Diet Coke prior to surgery.  Drank several every day.  Gave it up cold turkey the week before surgery and haven't looked back since.  I know the carbonation and acid aren't good for my new tummy.  And I've accepted that there are other better things for me to drink in its place.

I highly recommend you try to do the same.  You might be surprised at the other options out there... and you may not even miss OJ after awhile.  I don't miss Diet Coke anymore and no longer crave it.  And I'm so proud of myself for kicking the habit.

In any event, good luck!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Kelli S.
on 1/17/12 5:29 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Thanks for the imput everyone...

Silly_Sweet: I actually havent had any OJ in over a year until I just came down with bronchitus and all the gross phlem in my throat the only thing that would get rid of it is the OJ...

Well that is where I went wrong. I had 1 from the gas station and now that is all I want!

UGH

I am 27 years old, 5' and 3/4" tall. HW: 263 SW: 226 LW: 142 CW: 198

Ms. Poker Face
on 1/17/12 6:00 am
Ugh, I'm sorry, that sucks.  I am that way with carbs in general.  I have some, I want more.  Vicious cycle.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 1/17/12 5:38 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Is OJ on the never ever again list? What about an orange? Or a grapefruit? Is it because of acidity? Can it be on the once in a blue moon list?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

doggz109
on 1/17/12 5:44 am, edited 1/17/12 5:45 am - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
I think its an individual thing.  Some people can't handle citrus fruits.  There is also the old saying "Don't drink your calories, eat them".

I personally don't feel it is on the "never list" but something not to have very often.  I personally would rather eat an orange.....but I've never been much a juice person either.....even way before I was considering surgery.

Diet soda on the other hand......  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 367 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views