does weight loss happen in certain parts of the body first?

Rosemary1031
on 3/29/12 5:32 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
I'm curious, did you notice weight loss in certain areas of your body at first, and not in others? Or did your weight loss happen "evenly"?

I'm asking because I'm a big booty/big thighs and legs girl and the lower portions don't seem to be downsizing/toning. I have lost 2 pant sizes already, and I guess I can see the difference in my 2nd compartment (tummy) but it looks the same in the lower parts.

People will tell me that I've lost "lots of weight" and they can tell in my shoulders, neck, and torso. Yes, they actually point out what I am now observing. What about my thighs and legs?

Will I always have this big booty?!? :)

felicity2u
on 3/29/12 5:36 am - LA
It always seems to happen first in the parts that really dont matter, lol.  I noticed the weight loss first or alot of others notices the weight loss first in my face and funny enough my fingers and hands.  The face and neck always seem to be first and then I noticed my rings getting too big.  Unfortunately, the last place I noticed was in my belly.  Keep taking pics every month, this is the only way I could see the weight loss on myself. Regarding the booty, you better hope it stays full because mine now looks deflated, lol!

If you fear nothing, then you love nothing. If you love nothing, what joy can there be in life?
                       VSG-3/3/2011 HW-308 SW-298 CW-152 GW-160
                                                156LBS. LOST

Chris Waffle
on 3/29/12 5:38 am - Cypress, CA
Mine was pretty proportional but in the end my butt was gone but my thighs were still big. It makes it hard to find jeans that fit!  But I'm a guy so what do I know?

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

kimbethin
on 3/29/12 5:41 am, edited 3/28/12 6:05 pm - CA
My face neck and shoulders got thinner first, then my butt and thighs downsized and the last area seams to be abdominal fat- can't wait to say Buh-Bye to that! My exercise consists of a lot of walking and leg work, maybe that has something to do with it. Check out the tools section and track your measurements on a regular basis. That can help to see your progress.
putting one foot in front of the other...        
USAF Wife
on 3/29/12 5:44 am
Everything from my rib cage up and from my buttcheeks down shrunk first. My stubborn belly fat and hips were last to go. I looked like I was wearing one of those little intertube kid floaties around my lower abdomen and hips for months then it finally shrunk down.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

intothehaze
on 3/29/12 5:50 am
 For me it was more of all over occurrence, but I was equally large everywhere... :)

VGS Date: 8/15/11    
Age: 34 | Ht: 5' 11" | HW: 380 | Pre-op: 363 | SW: 300 | CW: 199.3 | GW: 190 
Pooch2
on 3/29/12 5:52 am
I was told that we lose weight quickest inside our bodies first, then outside, which was why they said they wanted you to lose some pre surgery wight to get the fat off your liver, have no idea if that is true.... 
My weight loss has been pretty even over my body, from wrists to shoe widths, waist, neck and all.  If one area lost more, it might be my face neck area, at least folks mentioned that first early on......
HW: 425    SW: 337   CW: 262 GW: 217 (surgeon)  
Pre-surgery loss; 88 lbs (mostly in my required 6 month insurance class)
Rosemary1031
on 3/29/12 5:55 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
you guys are making me laugh so hard here at work lol.

It's funny, this topic. I've talked to my mom about this and she tells me to "rub the fat", to stimulate it, wake it up, so that it will leave quicker. I really do wonder if there is scientific rationality to her theory.

Every body is so different - goes to show. (I hope the stories and personal experiences keep coming! We have to laugh about this, if for nothing else our own sanity!
bbtwins28
on 3/29/12 6:14 am
For me everywhere was pretty even with weight loss, except for my abdominal area and one foot (yeah one foot is fatter than the other *rolls eyes*) and it drives me nuts! I noticed in my face and collarbone area first.

rhearob
on 3/29/12 6:44 am - TN
 I noticed the skin on my inner thighs sagging first, then stomach, and finally chest.  Now I joke that I look like the michelin man after hes been microwaved.

I think it varies for everyone.  I'm still waiting for more loss in the abdomen!

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views