2.5 months out: my list of VSG pros

Rosemary1031
on 4/23/12 3:20 am - Chula Vista, CA
VSG on 02/06/12
Here I am, nearly 3 months out. Every day has been a damn good day since I got this surgery. My weight loss has been an empowering and affirming factor in my life. It has brought some awesome successes and surprises. I call them surprises because even though they are so mundane, for someone like me who's been overweight my whole life they really are new discoveries. For example, I never knew I had such long legs! They've been so "stuffed" for so long that there was no definition there. Also, I can cross those suckers now and no longer find it necessary to sit with my legs open wide because of the girth.

I thought I "hated" the gym. In reality, I hated the fact that I had such little cardiovascular resistance. It's amazing what a difference the first 10, first 20 lbs made on my resistance and energy. I hated walking before, it was uncomfortable because I'm a pear shape, big thighed girl. It's soo much easier to walk, use the stairs, attempt a sprint, and just plain GET to places! I'm keeping this body in motion as much as possible! This never would have been without the VSG.

Then there is my wardrobe. I had a meeting at work this morning and so I went into my closet for some nice slacks and one of my favorite dressy jackets. I almost wanted to cry when I put them on and I looked like a child playing dress-up with mommy's clothes. I can no longer wear that outfit and had to rummage through the closet for the smaller sizes, the "someday" bin. Thank goodness I kept "someday" clothes or else I'd be without. I have waited long enough to shop for clothes and now at nearly 3 months I have accepted that IT'S TIME! I wonder how the new me will look like in these new clothes, as I've been swimming in clothes since surgery. I know for sure shopping will be a good experience this time around, and won't leave me with a horrible knot in my throat because I went up another dress size.

So in short, for anyone thinking about this surgery DO IT. Do it now, let go of your fears, stop caring what others will think or say, just do this for you and no one else. This is the best gift I ever gave to myself. Better than a new Coach purse or fancy dress shoes. Because of my VSG, I am beginning to feel naturally healthy beautiful, something I haven't felt in a very long time!

C. Harvey
on 4/23/12 3:29 am
VSG on 01/11/12
AMEN HONEY!! I FEEL THE EXACT SAME WAY!!! VSG IS AMAZING AND I WILL TELL ANYONE 
WHO ASKS ME ABOUT IT THE SAME THING!!

Nadurra Deb
on 4/23/12 3:34 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12

That is AWESOME! Gotta love those little surprises that you didn't even see coming...what a treat! I learned yesterday that those are NSVs...non scale victories. I'm so happy for you. I wish I didn't have to wait until fall (insurance! blah!). I hate waiting and want my new life to start...whatever that ends up being it has to be better than the stuck I feel now.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

favrow812
on 4/23/12 3:35 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Keep it up girl!

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Wildcat-NYC
on 4/23/12 4:28 am, edited 4/23/12 5:16 am
VSG on 08/16/12
Hijack - favrow812 you are looking skinny!

Also, congrats!  This is a great post.  It's so great to see positive posts and people so happy with their decision.
favrow812
on 4/23/12 6:22 am - Olathe, KS
VSG on 02/20/12
Thanks! I feel great! No stalls so far so I'm sure I'm due for one here pretty soon! how are you doing!?! 

There is only one success--to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Wildcat-NYC
on 4/23/12 9:11 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Waiting on my follow-up appt to schedule surgery and submit to insurance.  It was supposed to on Wednesday, but they had to move it.  So now I'm thinking of changing doctors which means it may be a bit longer.  
SFChorus
on 4/23/12 3:47 am - CA
Awesome post!  Keep it up!  I'm right there with you - this is the best thing I've ever done for myself!

Fiona

Sleeved 12/15/11, 5'1", HW 185, SW 164, CW102

mjtierra
on 4/23/12 4:58 am - CA
VSG on 03/08/12
I absolutely love your post!! Made me cry! I'm so happy for you.. I am in my 7th week post op and today actually I am going thru my clothes to get rid of the "Mommy Dress-up" fitting clothes. I did just this week go out and buy a couple of dresses and ordered a couple of cute work out out fits. That's something I've never done..

Keep up the great work Lady!!!

SusanA1
on 4/23/12 5:20 am
You go girl! So happy for you!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 265 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views