9 lbs in 3 days? Seriously? and a question...

TaylorH7682
on 10/10/12 7:52 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12
 This is insane. lol.  9 lbs since monday?  I know the actualy removal of most of my stomach counts for that, and I've only been living on fluids.  But still.  9lbs?  I wouldn't even lose that during a good stomach flu!   So far I'm feeling really well. Walked 2 blocks today and felt good.  Been trying to get in as much fluids as possible, but not quite where I need to be yet.  And I can't even focus on protein right now.  I was able to get in about 2 oz. of a protein shake earlier then needed to take a major break.  As for my question.  I finished about 4 oz of cream of potato soup 30 minutes ago. Ate nice and slow and could tell when I needed to slow down or took to big of a spoonful, but now half an hour later I randonmly get what feels like a stomach cramp. Any ideas? Could it be gas?  Did I eat to much?  I haven't had anything to drink since. I'm confused.

Keith L.
on 10/10/12 8:02 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
It happens to me all the time. Creamy soups are thicker and don't just flow right through your stomach like clear liquids do. Its just your stomach moving the food through, maybe some gas. I just recently noticed that when I take a bit or a sip of something I have been taking in air too, so I am working to stop doing that.

If you don't feel any pain, it is nothing to worry about. You should be able to drink 30 minutes after you eat. Every doc is different sounds like you are straight to full liquids. I was on clears for 1 week and I am currently on fulls for 2 weeks.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

TaylorH7682
on 10/10/12 8:10 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12
 Yeah my doctor ordered clear liquids for 48 hours, now full liquids for 2 weeks.  And no, I'm not feeling pain, just a tightness every once in awhile.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 305 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views