OMG!

Ladybug C.
on 10/22/12 6:49 am
VSG on 10/11/12

Ok so this Thursday will be 2 weeks since my surgery and I still have the surgical glue on my incisions....but BABY....I promise you the one above my navel smells like HELL! The doctor said not to put anything on it and Ive been showering and rubbing gently but my goo**** smells like RAW SEWAGE....HELPPPPP! WHAT TO DO????

Looking forward to the new ME!       
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/22/12 6:51 am, edited 10/22/12 6:51 am
VSG on 10/09/12
That doesn't sound good...maybe give your doc a call? I never had surgical glue, just what looked like tape...surgical no doubt. Mine peeled off already and all the incisions are nicely healed. I am two weeks out tomorrow.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

morgans
on 10/22/12 6:52 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Call your doctor.

melbee
on 10/22/12 6:57 am
VSG on 10/17/12
yep- call your doc. That typcally means infection or bacteria. Don't let that go on too long-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
HW 251    SW 236    CW 191    GW: 145 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladybug C.
on 10/22/12 7:23 am
VSG on 10/11/12
Saw doc today since surgery he says all is well....and tha that glue will fall off by itself and that I should not really rub it until it does.  But OMG I cant handle this smell....I just had hubby clean it with some mild soap while I held my stomach up....LOL....than I cleaned around it with peroxide....I cant take the smell...it makes me wanna gag

Keith L.
on 10/22/12 7:33 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
I would go to the doctor as soon as possible. Not only can bad smell mean infection, but it can also mean gangrene which is far more serious.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

synthangel
on 10/22/12 8:10 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12
 If the doc said it was ok.. then ok. I would watch out for REDNESS!!! that spreads away from the wound and for it to be hot to the touch and harder around the outside those are all signs of infection..

Ok and regarding the smell... my c-section wound smelled pretty nasty. And it was not infected. I washed it with soft soap antibacterial which helped but the smell would come back pretty quick cause it was under my belly (i am guessing..) so I would keep it really dry with paper towels.

Moisture + wound seemed to make the smell worse for me. Ewe... I sympathise ;)
Ladybug C.
on 10/22/12 8:22 am
VSG on 10/11/12
Yeah doc said it was ok and healing nicely but I promise you this smell is deadly....Hubby washed it for me so the smell had let up a bit....Im going to do it a few times a day.
And I do have a inny bellie button so I guess that doesnt help and I have noticed some moisture around it at times.  Yeah it smells pretty nasty

Desari63
on 10/22/12 8:37 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12

To dry up the moisture, try a little Caldensene powder. You can find it the baby section of your local Wally World. It's designed for diaper rash due to moisture and it worked wonders on mine. Be sure to wash the incision sites with an antibacterial liquid soap (I use the Wally World brand that is blue and has an island scent). Let that spot dry really well and then put a little Caldesene powder on it and you should be right as rain...

Let us know how it goes...and good luck!

Barbara

Barbara McKeown

Ladybug C.
on 10/22/12 8:42 am
VSG on 10/11/12
Thanks Im gonna give it a try

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 150 views
Expired Optifast Question