Frisco -- I want to understand as much as possible about "under-eating" the...

swizzlequeen
on 11/7/12 1:53 am

Frisco,

I want to learn as much as I can about your philosophy of "undereating the sleeve". I tried the OH search engine to see if I could find if there is any particular post in which you describe this in detail, but I couldn't really find one...can you suggest a link or two for me?

I am pre-op, and I am devouring as much helpful information as possible, and have been embracing as much of the post-op lifestyle as I can with a "natural" stomach. I figure that now is prime time for me to learn lots of new skills and habits before surgery. -- I am thinking that this approach will decrease the amount of new stuff to incorporate in my life while I am healing from major surgery...

I appreciate your input in these boards. Thank you.

==swizzlequeen

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/12 2:03 am

I am sure that Frisco will answer this directly, but for now, I just wanted to give you a basic overview of his philosophy.  I believe that he is talking about eating measured amounts of food and not eating to the full feeling.  So that would mean eating 2-3 ounces of protein and a few bites of veggies or a specific volume of food at a sitting.  He does not believe, and I concur, in eating until you feel naturally full.

jacreasy
on 11/7/12 3:58 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Does that mean  only 2-3 oz when we can have 4 oz even at the 4 oz mark we are satisfied but not full... 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/12 4:09 am, edited 11/7/12 4:09 am

You know, I really eat about 2-4 ounces of protein depending on the consistency of the protein, but never more.  I mean the volume is more important then the ounces. This leaves me satisfied but not full.  Frisco eats less I think.  I think he tries for the 2-3 ounces.

Ann M.
on 11/7/12 2:06 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

This is great for me too. Thanks for asking. do we need scales and stuff like that?

slimpickins5280
on 11/7/12 2:18 am - CO

I use a scale.

I tend to overestimate the amount of food and a scale helps to show me the "real" amount.

Frisco will probably agree that you should always eat protein first.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Keith L.
on 11/7/12 2:07 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I think I need to adopt this practice as well. I vomited yesterday and now everything I eat makes me feel really full and nauseous.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Ohiogirl
on 11/7/12 2:22 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
I am 5 weeks out and I wonder about this too. Everyone says to follow your surgeons program and one of the rules they have given me is to eat until full, along with 20 Grams of protein per meal. I have yet to find a protein meat that has 20 grams of protein on 3 oz or less. Yes, 3/4 cup of cottage cheese and 6 oz of Greek yogurt matches the 20 grams but I do not like either and have a hard time getting them down. So for breakfast this morning , I had 2 scrambled eggs and a turkey sausage patty - a lot of food but I had no trouble getting it down. So I am following my surgeons program rules but it certainly goes against what I read on here. So confusing that so many different rules and programs out there.

Paula

mcmanis
on 11/7/12 2:33 am - CA
VSG on 08/29/12

Wow you can eat 2 eggs. I can never finish a whole egg. If I add meat to the mix I can barely eat half. I know what the full feeling is like and I hate it. I measure everything and I never eat the whole thing.

HW-300 SW-259.5 CW-175 GW-140
M1:24 M2:15 M3:14 M4:4 M5:12 M6:8 M7:7 M8:0 M9:0 M10:5

Lefty71
on 11/7/12 3:16 am

Follow your doctor's program and do what feels right for you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 119 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 353 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 401 views