My new fave recipes!

TaylorH7682
on 11/20/12 12:13 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12

Here are my 2 new obsessions!  Sooo yummy!!  I am actually really starting to enjoy cooking.  And this is coming from someone who did cook AT ALL before surgery.

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/tofu-chili

http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipe/quinoa-tofu-and-aspar agus

Keith L.
on 11/20/12 3:05 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My biggest piece of advice lately to the new guys is to learn how to cook. One you can control what goes in your food and Two it is fun once you learn some basic techniques and it allows you to indulge your food obsession without eating. That's great that you are cooking more.

Both of those sound delicious, I am going to try them. Be careful how much tofu you eat. Tofu is made from soy bean and soy bean can increase your level of estrogen which can lead to a multitude of girl problems and breast cancer. Now that is probably if you eat soy two or three times a day and you are vegetarian but I try to limit my soy/tofu intake to once or twice a week.

I love finding a recipe that sounds good and adding thing that I think will make it better or more to my liking. Like I like spicy food so I usually spice things like chilis up. I also have been into fresh Jalapeno lately.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

TaylorH7682
on 11/20/12 3:36 am - NJ
VSG on 10/08/12
I agree. Learning to cook more has been great. And I enjoy it now. Somehow making something that is healthy and delicious is very satisfying. And I did just hear that about soy. I do like tofu but I also limit it to 2-3 meals a day. I have become pretty much 100% vegetarian since surgery (minus beef jerky). I just have absolutely no desire to eat meat. It doesn't taste the same and doesn't always sit well. I've been doing a lot of vegetables and fruit, cheese, quinoa almost daily, whole wheat toast or a whole wheat bagel thin, and tofu in recipes a few times a week. Last night I did try a few turkey meatballs and they were good. I want to also try turkey sausage and bacon. I don't eat pork at all, even pre op so I'm curious about turkey.

Keith L.
on 11/20/12 3:50 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have been eating a lot of turkey. Johnsonville has a turkey sausage with cheese in it that is really tasty. I have not been able to eat chicken, makes me vomit or very nauseous. I have actually been limiting my veggies to focus on protein and that 600-800 calorie window and then drinking fresh squeezed veggie juice. I haven't tried beef jerkey since the surgery. I loved it before and I really like turkey jerky. I should give it a try again. There was a recipe posted here a couple of days for buffalo turkey meatballs that sounded pretty good.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

godsdiva4life
on 11/20/12 9:23 pm - Frisco, TX
I agree, cooking allows you to feed your head hunger without putting it in your mouth. I too didn't cook much before surgery bc it wasnt enjoyable to me. Now, I've become obsessed with it. I watch the food shows and come up with healthier versions for my family.
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views