WL highs and lows, do get 'em?

reneemosley
on 12/7/12 2:23 am - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Since the very beginning I have lost anywhere from 4-10 Lbs in a week then nothing for 2-3 weeks. I always feel really down and try to remain positive during the WL pauses but its tuff. On the weeks when I lose I am almost "high", Like today I have had two days of 2 Lb. losses and I am Haaaaapy, light, energetic,my clothes feel loose etc.

Okay my question is.....Does this happen to you? When I still have 100Lbs to loose is it possible to feel such a lightness over 4 Lbs? Or am i feeling some sort of WL high? I'm a little concerned for what will happen in maintenance and the distinct pattern. Does maintenance have that let down feeling? Am I crazy(that's a loaded question)?

Sheesh that's a lot of questions but just looking for a little feedback.

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Keith L.
on 12/7/12 2:29 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I read somewhere (not sure how credible) that your body fat stores hormones too. So I have to wonder if those hormones get released as we lose. I definitely feel manic during weight loss periods and complacent during stalls. I am both manic and high today sitting here in new underwear, jeans, and a shirt that is a lot smaller than what I was before. But just yesterday I was like "screw this, I am sick of thinking about what I am going to eat or if I am on track with water and protein. I snapped out of it by the time I got home but yes it happens a lot.

Oddly cooking seems to get me out of it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

MuttLover
on 12/7/12 2:33 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I have to second Keith's experience!  I'm a newbie to surgery, but I was successful in losing on Atkins before, and I had many of those emotions.  I am hoping that I learned from that, and won't let the down times influence me to make bad food choices and slowly slide off the path!  I know I have to be diligent, no matter how I feel.

Wishing the best for you!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

reneemosley
on 12/7/12 6:20 am, edited 12/7/12 12:56 pm - WA
VSG on 05/21/12

Thanks for your uplifting replies, glad to know I am not alone. My concern is when the weight is lost what then? Maybe that's when the hard work begins as all the vets always say huh? Happy weekend.

Keith-I will be cooking this weekend!

MLVR- Maybe I'll be cooking ham, camembert, and caramelized onion bites...suuuuper yum!

Thanks for the support!

Band 5/2006          Revision to VSG 5/2012

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views