Christmas Eve Binge

Rms928
on 12/24/12 9:02 am
VSG on 03/20/13

So here it is Christmas Eve.  I came home early from work, my daughter is home from school and after pre-op dieting for a month and losing nearly 20 lbs. I had a glass of wine. Then I had another. Then I switched to a mixed drink and then it started, the dreaded binge.  I've eaten everything that came my way.  I'm really hoping that once I am sleeved, the ability to binge will be greatly reduced.  Is that to much to expect? I know this is a mental thing and staying away from alcohol is a big part of it. I'm not a big drinker but when I do, I eat!  

Have any of you out there had similar experiences with this?  This time the trigger was having a drink. Next time it could be something else. Does the sleeve help to stop the binge eating?  

M1-10 M2-31.4 M3-11 M4-16.8 M5-15 M6-10 M7-14 M8-9

ruggie
on 12/24/12 9:07 am - Sacramento, CA

Well, not completely, but it helps a lot... really think about how much food you can fit in a 3 ounce stomach. :)

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

KnitsByMama
on 12/24/12 9:13 am - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

It's just a tool. It's not going to magically make you not binge. It will however make you hurt like hell and leave you spending your night puking if you try to. So, I guess in it's own strange way, yeah it will make you not binge. If I even THINK of overeating my sleeve gets nauseated. But it's not just over eating either. It's eating the RIGHT things. 

MargeAD
on 12/24/12 9:37 am - CA

You can still binge on the wrong foods.  Our sleeve is only a tool.  I would be lying if I said I never made bad choices.  The trick is to learn from your mistakes and not make them again.   

texasrigdiver
on 12/24/12 10:04 am, edited 12/24/12 10:57 am - TX
DS on 11/29/12

I've been on solid foods for just about a week now. I've had three eating events where I either ate too fast/ate to much, or maybe a combo of both. Each time was worse and the last time I ended up sick in the bathroom after eating what I thought was a decent amount. What I didn't count was the oz. of cheese I ate and the sliced of ham while I was preparing my plate. One lesson, no more tasting freebies, EVERYTHING has to be accounted for. The failure of learning this is pain and puking.
Thing is, yes, the sleeve will help you from eating to much, but there's going to be a learning curve and you have to get the lesson or it will hurt you. Kind f like your conscience, if you do something wrong and your conscience screams "THATS WRONG" yet you continue to do it, it won't be long until you can't hear your conscience anymore. I don't imagine eating too much will always hurt, so if you do it enough times you can probably get to a point where you can eat more then your supposed to,... then gain all the weight back, have all the medical problems plus some new ones back, have any and all the excuses back to not do anything or participate in life anymore, again.
Learn the lesson, lose the weight, be healthy and help as many people as you can. I'm a friend of Bill's so I know helping people with their struggle will help you with yours. I just need to find a good way to do that.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

INgirl
on 12/24/12 10:27 am

I can still easily binge, on the wrong foods.. but really, who binges on chicken or steak?

The sleeve doesn't stop this, it may slow you down a bit.. gives you a little time to think perhaps, but not a lot.. and booze def loosens the reins.. so knowledge is power, right? If you know you have triggers, and eating issues like this- seek help early (now) so you can nip it in the bud early.

Sleeveless
on 12/24/12 5:07 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Half of the battle will be staying away from things that trigger bad eating. Since you know that alcohol does it for you, you would be smart to just avoid alcohol altogether until you're at maintenance.

Keith L.
on 12/24/12 9:55 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Your binge will just be much smaller but no it does not stop it. It is something you should address before surgery because it will bite you in the ass later.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 215 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 298 views