Dehydrated or what?!?!

tara3103
on 1/1/13 10:45 pm
VSG on 11/13/12

So I had a cold starting on 12/14 and it is still lingering.  On 12/23, I started with this coughing fit and wasn't able to keep any food or liquid down.  It is now 1/2 and I can't even stand without getting dizzy or sick.  I was doing my daughters hair this morning and had to lay down real quick before I fell and then I ended up dry heaving for 10 min.  I can't eat and I'm trying to get the water down, but I'm not coming anywhere near the 64 oz.  Could the dizziness be from dehydration?  I don't want to go to hospital, but I'm thinking that's the road I'm heading down. 

Keith L.
on 1/1/13 10:49 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sounds like it. Remember the 64oz is a minimum goal, you should be shooting for over 100oz each day, particularly if you are exercising. Dehydration, particularly if it goes for a while can cause lots of problem. If you are having a hard time getting it down try drinking some warm tea or warm water with lemon in it, it will relax your stomach and make it easier. Water is the key to lots of things during weight loss. It flushes, it provides enough water for your intestinal tract to function properly. It is very very important to get your water in. It needs to be your #1 priority, even over protein which should be #2.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

tara3103
on 1/1/13 10:52 pm
VSG on 11/13/12

That's the problem.  I was exercising and lifting, but I can't even go to the bathroom without feeling like passing out.  I'm afraid I'm too far past dehydrated to hydrate myself.  Today is my first day back from to work after vacation and I am slumped over in my chair wishing I were in bed.

MomofMarch
on 1/1/13 10:55 pm - GA

Honey, work or not, this is your health. Severe dehydration and royally mess up your organs. I know you don't want to go in. I fight it at every chance, but this isn't something to beat around the bush with. Go to the ER for a few hours and get some fluids and vitamins. GL!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Keith L.
on 1/1/13 11:11 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Go to the ER. One bag of Saline should square you away. Also try drinking some Gatorade G2 instead of water or Pedialyte. Sounds like your electrolytes are low too. Don't mess around with this. People die from it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

JAlston
on 1/1/13 10:57 pm
VSG on 12/07/12

I think that if you called your surgeon's office and told them what was going on they would probably direct you to the ER. Mine would probably scream at me for letting it go on for so long. I was ill one day and my nurse said after drinking G2 for a few hours if things didn't change to immediately go to the ER, nothing to mess around with. They certainly have more experience in this field then I do, so I listen.

I hope you feel better soon but at this point I think you are right...you will need IV's to re-hydrate you to get you back on track. Please don't wait too much longer. If you get too dizzy you could fall and really hurt your self. 

Good luck.

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

ruggie
on 1/2/13 2:20 am - Sacramento, CA

You should see a doctor today.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/2/13 6:00 pm

So I am with those who say go to hospital.  Here is the story.  At my surgeon's office a woman was not so good at getting her fluids in on the weekends...she did fine during week because they were there to remind her.  She went to ER three time for fluids on Monday after Monday.  The fourth time she was so dehydrated she was hospitalized for eight days with a PIC line...so the moral of the story is get help sooner than later.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 46 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 203 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 287 views