Plateaus!!!!!!

whalligan96
on 1/23/13 10:27 pm
VSG on 12/04/12

Ok I am frustrated.  I am only 7 weeks out of surgery and have already reached a plateau......are you kidding !!!!  Have others had this happen??  I expected it to come perhaps later on or as I get close to my goal but not this early.  I have really started exercising with yoga and the 0-5k program at least 3 times a week.....I thought this would have picked up weight loss.   I usually get in all my proteins and stay between 600-900 calories.   Any suggestions?

ravenbrown
on 1/23/13 10:36 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Time?  It's not uncommon to have pauses while your body catches up to what you're doing.  If you just kicked up your exercise, then you are probably retaining water to repair your muscles.  Try not to worry.  It all comes out in the wash.  Just keep doing what you're doing, and try to stay away from the scale a bit if it's driving you crazy (easier said than done - I've been on pause for a week too).  Make sure you're getting in lots of fluids

Rita M.
on 1/23/13 10:47 pm - Webster, MA

Honey, I hit a stall after 3 weeks and even gained 3 pounds. Also I weighed more starting out than you and also I am 8 weeks post-op and lost less weight than you also. So all is well for you, believe me. You seem to be right on track. You will get out of that plateau and your weight will continue to go down. Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

whalligan96
on 1/23/13 11:38 pm
VSG on 12/04/12

thank you for the support.....I know it is a marthon and not a sprint but I think I forget sometimes.  I guess we just stick with it and eventually it will all come off even if at a slow pace:)  Good luck to you too

Pollyanna16
on 1/23/13 11:42 pm
VSG on 12/28/12

I hit my first stall at week 2 and it lasted for 18 days! lost 3 pounds and nothing for 5 days, now up 1 pound. Seeing doc tomorrow.

Keith L.
on 1/24/13 1:20 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

You can expect many many more. 7 weeks sounds like a week later than it should have. Just make sure you are getting enough water. Not getting enough water causes water retention. I am 4 months post op this week and i am in my 5th or 6th stall and mine usually last a week or more. I drink 80 to 120 oz of water each day.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

whalligan96
on 1/24/13 3:53 am
VSG on 12/04/12

thank you I definitely will.....I think getting in the water has been an issue so I will make sure I am doing that!!!  Good to know I will be going through many more so I am prepared:)

Keith L.
on 1/24/13 4:00 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Unfortunately they never get less frustrating. Even though you logically know that if you stay the course you will start losing again, your brain goes through the whole "Oh now what if that is all I can lose, blah, blah, blah" crap.

That is most people's problems and they usually stop at the Dr. minimum 64oz, but in reality we need much more. If you get less than that your body will retain water and water is very heavy. 1 gallon of water weighs 8 lbs. So even if you are retaining a little bit, it show's up in a big way on the scale.

Stick to your plan, make sure you are getting more like 80 and if you are exercising over 100 oz of water each day.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 157 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 429 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 447 views