I don't know if your ready for this OH

JmeWlsn
on 2/10/13 9:14 am - Lenexa, KS

How in the world did this happen to me??? So today is bowel cleanse day. I was told to take 8 dulcolax. Well I have never used this brand and did think they were abnormally large and looked more like a bullet. Yep that's right folks I swallowed 8 SUPPOSITORIES!!! Of course I didn't realize any of this until 6 hrs later when I threw up. I have never used a suppository so I had no idea it was supposed to go in your butt. This better not detour my surgery. I haven't had any pain I have just been naseaus all day.  Please tell me this has happened to someone else??

moonglo82
on 2/10/13 9:19 am
VSG on 03/29/12

I would say the throwing up was probably a good thing... honestly, IMO you should probably call poison control and make sure this isn't the kind of thing you need to be seen about, even as a precaution.  I would call poison control right now, and follow their instructions for tonight, and then call your surgeon's office first thing in the morning.  Better safe than sorry. 

I've never heard of this before, but if you're not in pain and it's been more than six hours you're probably okay.  Please make those two phone calls, though.. just in case.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

pineview01
on 2/10/13 9:25 am - Davison, MI

Sorry you made me spit on my computer.  I knew what you had done the minute you stated the bullet shape.  They make oral pills AND suppositories.  I wondered why the put on the box NOT to take orally.  Now I know!

Yep, suppositories mean by butt hole only.  If you threw up you should be OK.  They are a petroleum product which is not good internally.  New took a suppository orally.  Didn't they taste NASTY?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

happyteacher
on 2/10/13 9:25 am

For sure call poison control!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

frisco
on 2/10/13 9:59 am

I was not ready for that......

Call the doc.......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

hollykim
on 2/10/13 10:46 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

You should probably call your surgeon for instructions as well. you are not going to get any bowel cleanse this way,lol.

GL

jenlaur1
on 2/10/13 10:52 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

so, how are you doing now?  Did you call poison control and/or your doctor?  I know it's not really funny, but I kinda laughed about it.  It's amazing what anyone can do..so don't feel too badly about yourself.   I hope you're okay.  

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

JmeWlsn
on 2/10/13 11:16 am - Lenexa, KS

I can't stop laughing at everyone's responses and my own stupidity. I called the surgeon and poison control before I even posted this. Doc says if pain persists go to emergency room. I was never really in pain just very nauseous. I will call them in the morning to get further instructions. Poison control said the same thing basically. I am feeling less nauseous with every hour that passes and let me tell you no matter what hole they go in the results are the same. Bowel cleanse=mission accomplished!! Thanks for your support and laughter. I just keep picturing whoever said they spit on the computer while reading this. LMAO it's funny now, will be even funnier once I know that surgery is still a go.

Cuter_w_Curves
on 2/10/13 2:26 pm - Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
VSG on 01/08/13

Ok... I am sitting here in my living room with my hands over my mouth stifling laughter so hard I was actually snorting and had tears rolling down my cheeks.

Thank you... Thank you for sharing... Thank you for having a sense of humour about it.

Dr Sullivan VSG Jan. 8th, 2013!
  Lost 100 lbs in a year post op with a VSG. 

rainyone
on 2/10/13 11:36 am - Canada
VSG on 04/03/12

Okay ... I have to share this story from when I was a kid. My family lived with my mother's father when all of us were quite young.

My grandfather was constipated and my mother  said she had something... She gave my brother a suppository with the instructions to " go give this to your grandfather". Well , he did as he was told.

My mother later asks my Grandpa if it worked. My grandpa ( quite a character ) says to her

" For all the help it did , I could have shoved it up my a#@ ...."

My mom finds out that yes, he did what you did and swallowed it. She called the dr and he told her it would be quite effective the way he took it .

I have to admit , with all my constipation issues since surgery , I have thought of this story many times.

HW 295 lbs,CW 195, nuts goal-210, my goal 175 surgery date April 3 in Tijuana with Dr Ponce De Leon      

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views