Hello new lifestyle.... Goodbye old friends.......

tee4change
on 2/17/13 9:26 pm - NY

Hi Guys , I am 10 months post op.....  since surgery I have lost a lot of weight...... (see ticker below 'cause I can't remember at the moment).

I am so elated about the results of this surgery. I never thought I would I make it to a size 12 coming from a size 24 pre-op. I am very close to being comfy in a size 10.

See  I am not one of the people who who became obese after having a baby or anything. I have been Obese throughout childhood.  I can't remember being anything other than a 16 back in elementary school. 

I telling you all this for a reason ...... I feel  and look like a "normal person" now .... I can shop and buy anything I want in any store . I  am free .....

I want to SHOUT it to the mountain tops,eventhough I haven't......well not yet,anyways......

But guess what Guys, I have to keep my happy dances on the scale to myself, I have to snicker and gigggle at the clothing racks alone because the friends i have... they don't want to hear about it. They don't want to know nuthing about it. They don't answer their phones anymore. They have forgotten me. Now I know it's jealousy,yes I get that....but Ihave  been cautious about protecting their feelings and not bragging.... but still  they are drifting away.

They call this a journey for a reason and it involves alot  more than loosing weight....It's a total transformation of life.

I wish I had the VSG many years ago...life is so much better,yeah the old troubles still there,yup,but I am happier reguardless.

I miss myfriends . I am lonely....but I guess it's time to make news ones......

Anyone out there Pre-op? My message to you is ..... Just do it.... It feels wonderful.  

Deckeriv
on 2/17/13 9:47 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I have always tried to define friends in my mind through a simple test. Do I feel I could call them at 3 am to come bail me out of jail? I know that is a huge inconvenience and should be a test of character and caring about me. If the answer is no, then they are just acquaintances. If they aren't as excited about your life as you are, as long as you are showing them the same courtesy, then it's time to find new acquaintances since they are certainly not friends. Sometimes, when people have life changing events happen, acquaintances seem to drift away because you just don't have the same things in common. Find new acquaintances that want the same healthy lifestyle that you do and you will be much happier. It only takes one to turn into a new FRIEND and then you won't be lonely. It only takes one.

Then there is the definition of "true" friend. It's not that they will come bail you out of jail, it's that they are sitting in the jail cell with you saying "wow, did we mess up or what?".  lol

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

tee4change
on 2/18/13 7:29 am - NY

wow lol that was cute & put a smile on my face...ur soooo right. time for a change.

angelladyclaire
on 2/17/13 10:53 pm - MO
I'm so glad you are happy with your decision to have WLS. I agree that a true friend would be there to bail you out of jail at 3am! You seem like a strong woman. Surround yourself with other strong people who are confident enough in themselves to stand with you and not be intimidated or jealous because of your beauty and strength. At least you have your head on straight and realize that it is their problem, not yours! Congrats on your achievements Your OH friends will always be here with a kind word even if we don't know you well enough to bail you out of jail!

HW: 283   SW: 262  Height: 5'4''  Surgery:​ 2/13/13

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

tee4change
on 2/18/13 7:30 am - NY

awww thx you . This is true.

angiagee
on 2/17/13 11:02 pm
VSG on 09/11/12

I have totally started to notice that some of my closest friends ( the ones I got fat with) arent as supportive as they started out to be the more weight i lose and its been the biggest struggle of mine.

I cried myself to sleep on friday for this same reason but still couldnt be more happy with my decision. I love my sleeve and the more weight i lose the better I feel about myself.

So I get it completely!!!

Congrats on your loss. You are doing awesome and if you ever want to talk.. email me.. :)

tee4change
on 2/18/13 7:33 am - NY

Okay gonna  keep that invite.

you can email / message me too... Its bitter sweet.. it hurts when people you care about dont want to share your improvement. 

peeches35
on 2/18/13 2:58 am
VSG on 04/03/12

I am your friend tee

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

tee4change
on 2/18/13 7:35 am - NY

I see you Peeches.... my sleeve buddy 4 life . We did this together and i won't ever forget that. Thx

Marley M.
on 2/18/13 3:39 am - Brooklyn, NY
VSG on 07/19/12 with

Hey girl those weren't your friends.  I am in Brooklyn and love to shop.  PM me if you wanna hang.  I almost used your surgeon, but he was out of network.  You are doing great.  Dance, sing, shout whatever, it your journey.

HW 316 SW 310 GW 170-175                    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views