Day 3 of Pre-Op Diet - Ug

Sonya T.
on 3/6/13 12:15 am

Day 3 and have a headache that wont go away. When will this get better ? LOL  

Any tips for different liquids I can have ?

Eating now :

Cream of anything

Pudding pops

jello

yogurt

Protein shakes

Can not wait for surgery on March 18th.. Hurry up and get here please. : )

mildollarsmile
on 3/6/13 12:59 am - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

I just posted something similar...LOL! I am struggling with broth...I can handle everything else. Do you strain your cream soups? My head has been killing me as well...I am sure it will get better...well I hope so. 

Melanie -- HW:320 SW:300 CW:277.2 GW:150 

OregonGuy2012
on 3/6/13 12:59 am
VSG on 04/04/13

I am also on day 3 of my pre-op liquid diet with a surgery date of March 18th.  I was given almost the same list as you.  I was given guidelines with my soup, like no blending it to make it smooth and to watch the calories since soup can get high they want me at or below 100cal / 8oz of soup. I was given a minimum of 60g of protein and 48-64 oz of liquid per day.

On my list I can also have:

Crystal Light

Poweraid Zero 

Milk Skim or 1%

S.F. Flavored syrups

Egg Substitute, 1/4 C liquid only, not cooked.  -- not sure I will use this one, but its pasteurized and can be added into other drinks like a Skinny Egg Nog.

I would also like to see some recipes others have had using these types of ingredients.

Good lick!!

Sonya T.
on 3/6/13 1:02 am

Thanks all !

Will just suck it up and hope it gets better in a few days !

yes I strain my cream soups.

hos
on 3/6/13 1:59 am - Canada

I am also on day 3 with a surgery date for March 18!! I am on only a liquid diet and I did have headaches the first day but yesterday was already better. Today so far is a good day and from what I've read it gets easier!!

Keep it going! The results will be worth it!

BlossomD
on 3/6/13 2:10 am
VSG on 03/19/13

I'm on day one.  hang in there!  are you getting enough water in? 

3/6/13: Started 2 week pre-op fast for surgery: Lost 11 pounds

3/19:  Surgery

Sonya T.
on 3/6/13 3:02 am

That may be it... I am sure my water intake is not enough.. But sure I am getting enough liquids. I will increase this and hopefully that will help.

Thank you

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/6/13 3:13 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Pudding pops? Jello? Hopefully at least sugar free? (Same with the yogurt)

Did you also have to cut out coffee? That'll cause headaches. I had to stop caffeine a week before surgery. I made it easy on myself by switching over to decaf gradually, so that by the beginning of my pre-op I was caffeine free.

If I was you I'd be focused on the protein shakes, sf yogurt and water in whatever form was allowed. Cream soups, pudding and jello have no actual food...

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Sonya T.
on 3/6/13 4:01 am

All pre-op diets are different. Per my surgeon, I am allowed cream soups and SF Jello and SF Pudding pops along with protein shakes and SF yogurt. All my little heart desires. I did cut out coffee, still drink a cup or two a week ( decaf ) of course. And cut out Soda already to. 

Rock on to all the March 18th Sleevers !

Kelly-AnneH
on 3/6/13 5:26 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
That's what you'll be eating once you're on full fluids after surgery, so it sounds like good practice. Are you allowed to add anything to the soup? Cream of potato soup with canned flaked salmon is pretty darned tasty.

My pre-op was all protein, all the time. I was never hungry, but I sure whined a lot about not being allowed veggies. Ah well, it'll be over soon, and it'll be SO worth it!

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 438 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 458 views