Question about what you are drinking

Calking
on 4/18/13 7:28 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Hi,

Other than my daily protein shake I have been drinking water flavored with various packets like Lipton Tea & Honey (different varieties) or Kroger Black Cherry mix.  I am really wanting to increase my variety.

I want to point out that I cannot have anything with Aspartame in it so all of the Crystal Lights are out of the question for me.  Anything with Splenda (sucralose) or Stevia would be great.

So I am looking for suggestions on other options for drinks.  I have been thinking about things that you might add to almond milk or water ... either way would be great.

Thank you in advance for all of your ideas on Aspartame free drinks.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

melanieannd
on 4/18/13 7:39 am - TX
VSG on 06/13/12

I drink decaffeinated tea with splenda. :)

Check out my blog, http://www.missingmelanie.com and like me on Facebook. :) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Missing-Melanie/618740441485479

Calking
on 4/18/13 8:06 am
VSG on 05/31/12

That sounds good.  I used to make my own iced teas and for some reason or another I have stopped doing that.  I remember loving Rooibos (the red tea) ... hmmm maybe time to turn back to those teas.  The bonus is that I could sweeten with Splenda or Stevia.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

MomofMarch
on 4/18/13 8:12 am - GA

Hmm, I don't know if the Propels, Powerade Zero, or Gatorade Zero has them. I ran out. (oopsie!) I would think that you could add Koolaide packets with Splenda in it, and it should work. I haven't had Koolaide in years. lol Also, I do this with Crystal light, but it could work with anything, freeze the liquid into cubes, and put those in your water. It gives it JUST enough flavor without being overbearing. Plus, if you do more than one flavor at a time, you won't get sick of it. :)

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Casscull30
on 4/18/13 8:28 am - WA

I make sun Tea whenever we have a little sun. I have about a gallon sized glass pitcher I fill with water and about 6 tea bags. Cover the top with saran wrap and a rubber band ( to make sure no little buggies get in ) let it set outside in the sun for a few hours. I usually put it in the fridge sweeten it with stevia whenever I want a glass.  Yumm!

Carmelita
on 4/18/13 9:03 am - Four Corners, NM
Kcdietz
on 4/18/13 9:47 am - GA
I usually drink plain ole water with a little lime or lemon. Taste light and fresh and has no chemicals.

thinnersinner
on 4/18/13 10:06 am

I've been making my own version of Starbuck's Tazo Passionfruit Lemonade.  I bought the Tazo Passion Tea ****d tea packets) from Starbuck's and added some Tru Lemon Raspberry Lemonade.  I don't have the correct blend down yet...still a little too tart, but I'm getting there.  I really like it.

I also make my own SF Irish cream lattes with unsweetened almond milk.  I use a French press for the espresso shots, add a small amount of SF Irish cream and about 3/4 c. almond milk with ice.  Super yummy and under 30-40 calories depending on what brand of almond milk I use. 

Calking
on 4/18/13 11:03 am
VSG on 05/31/12

I am not sure that I would enjoy the first idea but that second one sounds great.  I am liking the idea of the lattes.  I have no idea of how to use a French press ... what is that process?  Are you using regular coffee?  I would like to understand the French press more.  I know what it is but have never used one.

Basically if I wanted to do what you are doing what would that be to make the latte?

thinnersinner
on 4/19/13 11:00 am

I got my French press as a gift from Starbuck's.  I also have a bean grinder.  Both of them come with directions, but it's very simple.  You fine-grind your beans (or grind it at the store), add it to the French press, boil water, pour in, stir, and wait 4 minutes.  You then press the plunger down on the top and you have espresso.  We make a large quantity and refrigerate it.  I pour in my two shots of espresso, add SF syrup, add ice, and almond milk. 

This is a pretty good website showing the process of using a French press:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4910810_make-espresso-french-press.html#page=0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views