Incisions

A. Robinson
on 5/1/13 3:17 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13
Had my surgery Monday & was just wondering if it is normal to have a little redness around the incision sites? Its only one & its the biggest one. No extra pain just some redness. Is this normal???
Christine Heusinger
on 5/1/13 3:35 am - GA

It's absolutely normal!  Wishing you a swift recovery!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Yocie
on 5/1/13 3:49 am
VSG on 11/06/12

If it's just some redness without any other symptoms, yes it's normal. I found out that I'm allergic to steri-strips, and that created a lot of redness, burning and itching. So if you start to get anything going on in addition to the redness, then I'd check with your Dr.

Deckeriv
on 5/1/13 4:22 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Only worry if you run a fever over 101. The redness is part of the healing process. Your body is rushing blood to repair the damage. You are fine.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

rhearob
on 5/1/13 4:51 am - TN

That big one is where your stomach was pulled out.  That one is typically the one that takes the longest to heal and is usually a little more tender than the others.

Your surgeon will probably look at it and ask about it at your next visit.

If you start running a fever or have any other symptoms of infection call him immediately.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

A. Robinson
on 5/1/13 6:16 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13
Thanks Guys! I appreciate it.
Donnab62
on 5/1/13 9:14 am
VSG on 04/29/13

Mine is a little red too. I asked my surgeon about before I left the hospital and he said it was fine, just part of healing.

Donna

Ginah Clark
on 5/1/13 12:55 pm

Hey Sleeve Sister!

So I couldn't eat for the rest of the 29th. On the 30th I was able to start on liquids and boy was I able to feel the restriction. I am supposed to drink 1 oz every 15 minutes and that is difficult to do. 

As far as my sites they are a little red but I was told to look out for them being hot, swollen, and if they have any discharge that is not clear or clearish/pink

How have you been doing?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views