My thoughts on the new Quest Peanut Butter Cups

Bella_Fein
on 5/25/13 3:02 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I did not go into this expecting a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup, but I did not expect what I got either. I did not care for these and will not buy them again. They are edible. They are not disgusting. When you bite into the "chocolate", it crumbles. It is not smooth at all. It seems to be moistened protein powder from the texture. The "peanut butter" in the middle is the same if not worse. I could have poured a scoop of protein powder in my mouth and got the same effect. It was dry and hard to chew. I'm glad I didn't buy a whole box like I was tempted to do. I only ate one, the other is still sitting here on my kitchen counter in case I get brave and dare to try it again. Like I said, it is edible and was not horrible, but I would rather eat a Quest bar, a Mint Cookie shake, or a piece of chicken.

Just my 2 cents if anyone was curious.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

kdolphin
on 5/25/13 3:55 am - FL
Hi

Everybody is so different. I hated them and thought they were not edible. Good thing I only ordered 1 individual package when I ordered my chocolate chip cookie dough protein bars and I love those.

Have a good weekend!
(deactivated member)
on 5/25/13 5:47 am

Oooooooo! I just had my first ever Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Bar yesterday. To die for ! Who knew how tasty those little buggers were!? I'm sort of glad I only bought one. I think they could easily be my new addiction!

Bella_Fein
on 5/25/13 6:38 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I bought a whole box of the chocolate chip cookie dough. I love them. I really liked making protein ice cream and adding a chopped up cookie dough bar in it. It was so good! Obviously not addicting or a trigger for me as I have only had 2 out of the box and they are in the drawer right next to me.

busboss1
on 5/25/13 4:59 am
VSG on 12/18/12

I love the Quest bars but I'm glad you posted so I don't try these. Thanks for the info! My love is the Apple Pie and the Vanilla Almond Quest bars. Love them. They are a great source of protein and you can take them anywhere!

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

Bella_Fein
on 5/25/13 5:03 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I wouldn't necessarily discourage you from trying them. Everyone is different; you may like them. Just as example, I really really disliked those two bars that you love. Everyone is different. I would say if you want to try them, get the single pack, not a whole box like I almost did!

Mike B.
on 5/25/13 6:45 am
I have had the Quest Peanut Butter Cups and I like them. The only problem I have with them is, I like them. You may want to check the expiration date before you buy them, that might be why they crumbled on you. I have bought some protein bars in the past that weren't all that great, then I realized they were out of date for a while. Who knows? Good luck trying new flavors next time.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

Bella_Fein
on 5/25/13 6:49 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

They are good until 4/2014. It is a new product and my GNC just got them in stock so I would have been shocked if they were old already. Was yours not powdery or crumbly? If not maybe I got a bad batch.

laurak712
on 5/25/13 8:42 am - New Braunfels, TX
Oh no, you got fresh ones...they just have a nasty texture, lol. I couldn't stand them but a friend of mine likes them. I like all of Quest's bars so I thought these would be good too so I bought a whole box. Yuck...gave them to my friend!

Laura

Height 5' 7

jubjub
on 5/25/13 8:44 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12

I absolutely LOVE the peanut butter cups.  If anyone has any they don't want you can send to me :)

My Secret:  Freeze them before eating.  

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

Most Active