okkkkkkkkk now im scared, nervous, and how do you do that?

soprofound
on 6/20/13 5:26 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

ok so now that i have a concrete date..

IM SCAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRREEEEEEED

OMG!!!

i have so much going through my head. will there be complications? is there anything i can do to minimize my complications? will i be able to follow the diet the whole saw especially the puree'd food part? will the weight come off? how will i feel when it does? will i wanna beat the breaks off someone for silly comments? omg..im just scared.

and how do you guys put those lil tickers at the bottom of your sigs?

what have been you guys' experiences?

Keith L.
on 6/20/13 5:30 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

No.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Great.

Sometimes.

Go to the tickers part under settings.

I had a great experience.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Keith L.
on 6/20/13 5:33 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

All kidding aside, your fear is normal, I think we all had it at some point prior to surgery. If you follow your doctor's plan you will most likely be successful. If you try to improvise and only kinda follow the plan you will most likely not be successful.

The best thing to do to minimize complications is to follow the pre-op diet to the letter. Not kinda sorta, not to the best of your ability, to the letter. The pre-op diet is not about losing weight its about shrinking your liver which makes it easier for the doctor to do the surgery the best way they possibly can.

soprofound
on 6/20/13 5:48 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

your first response had me cracking up.

im just crazy over this. my mom had bypass in 2004. not a fan of bypass but i dunno. im just really nervous like omg i know i've heard waaaay more success stories than horror stories but im just all over the place right nwo. 

Keith L.
on 6/20/13 5:50 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

All normal. Just remember any WLS is just a tool, its really all up to you.

3DogLover
on 6/20/13 7:29 am

When is your surgery?

Mine is Monday.  I found out on Friday that I was approved, was so excited then I woke up Saturday and was SCARED!!!  I stayed nervous and scared until mid-day today.  I keep telling myself I can't do it without help and the sleeve WILL be the help/tool I need and have been looking for.

Relax and think about how you got to this point, it may help you also.

Vickie R.
on 6/20/13 8:23 am - Saint Amant, LA

i just had my surgery yesterday and up the point of them wheeling me to the OR I was wondering WTH am i doing.  But now I'm glad I didn't back out. 

Mainly its important to have  a great support system while you are in the hospital.  My husband was with me and I could not have made it without him.  Just getting up and going to the bathroom, because of the IV. YOu can do this.  Good Luck!

soprofound
on 6/21/13 2:36 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

oh wow congrats. how did it go? howa re you feeling? how long is your hospital stay?

soprofound
on 6/21/13 2:35 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13
On June 20, 2013 at 2:29 PM Pacific Time, 3DogLover wrote:

When is your surgery?

Mine is Monday.  I found out on Friday that I was approved, was so excited then I woke up Saturday and was SCARED!!!  I stayed nervous and scared until mid-day today.  I keep telling myself I can't do it without help and the sleeve WILL be the help/tool I need and have been looking for.

Relax and think about how you got to this point, it may help you also.

my surgery is 7/30. im scared. 

linzeelee
on 6/20/13 7:50 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Follow your plan exactly to avoid complications and try to relax. I found that keeping myself distracted all the way up until surgery was effective.

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views