Confused

Gypsyqueen5
on 8/15/13 2:31 am - Seattle, WA

Good morning everyone. So last night i went  to my first support group. i enjoyed it. Loved hearing everyone's story about  their journey. There was about 10 people there. All off  them had or is having the RNY. I want the Sleeve for myself. I felt  like t hey were all trying to push me into having the RNY. I know it is my decision what to do and i am terrified  of having my guts rearranged. I do have a appt with the surgeon coming up and  I have a feeling he will tell me RNY also. So  now I am confused LOL   I do have  a lot of weight to lose and I  have Diabetes. Any  thoughts  advice???

Have a great  day everyone.

Keith L.
on 8/15/13 2:37 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

My advice it to go with what you are comfortable with. Do not let your surgeon sell you on anything. Hear him out but you have to decide for yourself. I went with VSG because I didn't want my guts to be rearrange and so far I have lost 170lbs so as long as you use your tool you can achieve whatever goal you wish.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Gypsyqueen5
on 8/15/13 2:56 am - Seattle, WA

Thank  you  Keith

mickeymantle
on 8/15/13 2:46 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

its a funny thing but 1 meeting everyone seems to be getting the rny and the next meeting the sleeve , they both will work if you follow the plan , if you surgeon does mostly rny and you want the sleeve maybe you better off looking for a different surgeon

I got my sleeve 3 1/2 weeks ago and love it , I eat 3-4 oz of meat or fish and im full, I stay between 400-600 cal , 65+ gm protien

16-20 carbs, the carbs are not planned that way I just don't have room for them after eatting meat, sometimes I cheat with a few blueberries ( 1-2 oz )

no dumping , normal pills , i am still off all my diabetes meds but 1 pill and have good numbers (100 -130)

the sleeve is working for me so far

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Gypsyqueen5
on 8/15/13 2:58 am - Seattle, WA

Thank  you  Mickeymantle.I take it you are a baseball fan? I am also!  Best of luck to you on your journey.

mickeymantle
on 8/15/13 4:26 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

i adopted my dog mickey for some one that worked for the yankees, I was a yankee fan back in the early 60's when Mantle played , the switched to the mets in 68

Gypsyqueen5
on 8/15/13 2:19 pm - Seattle, WA

we hate the Yankees here in Seattle. But  more  than that we hate A-fraud even more.

mickeymantle
on 8/15/13 3:21 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

when I liked the Yankee  Seattle  didn't have a team, and the 64 Yankee where one of the top teams ever Mantle, Maris white

Joy M.
on 8/15/13 5:28 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Wow ur eating a lot this early out. One or two bites of cottage cheese and I feel sick to my stomach. My body likes liquids still even heavy liquids hurts. I'm taking it very slow. But I'm also one week out.

mickeymantle
on 8/15/13 6:08 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my surgeon makes a lose 34f close to a tight 36f , so it starts a little bigger , he says there are less probblem in the begining that way and most of the normal sized sleeves end up around the same size after a year , around 1 cup(8 oz)

Im staying around 400-600 cal so it is working for me

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views