"Your legs aren't giving out...your head is giving up...KEEP GOING"

sheranfour
on 8/16/13 10:24 pm, edited 8/16/13 10:28 pm

I LOVE that!

I got it off Pinterest and I say to myself as a reminder of where this whole journey is truly based...in our HEADS.

So those of you that know me know I flipped out a bit Thursday night ( check the thread for details).

I'm happy to say that not only did I survive my first slip...but I'm stronger. This is HUGE for me because during this whole year (Sept 11 is a year) I have feared a fall because that ALWAYS ALWAYS led to my slide and downfall and weight gain and depression and...well you know where this is going. I just didn't trust myself to survive if I fell.

But I fell. But then I came right here...and I put it out there and began to deal with it. I got great support and I took all the suggestions and support in and used it. I woke up yesterday in a GREAT mood...with GREAT focus! I set out a plan for the day and got it done! I didn't look back...just forward and I'm stronger than ever!

Why am I stronger? If you think it's just because I slipped off plan then forgave myself you are very wrong.

It's because I slipped off plan and DID THE WORK TO RIGHT MY HEAD.

1) I had to Identify the WHY first. So why? I figured out that certain things going on in my life that I have no control over, were overwhelming me and causing worry and anxiety. Food was there to eat...so I ate. Then I realized on deeper thought that life will always give me things that I have no control over to worry about so what do I HAVE control over INSTEAD. AH! How I take care of myself! Oh! But wait! That was upsetting me too. The scale has been sooooooooo sloooooow in moving...and that made me angry! So this is another reason I slipped! That was a slap in my own face! So I KNEW I was looking at a cross roads, and I was going to make changes to fix THAT....because I DO have control over my weight now!!! YAY!!

2) Then came up with a plan for the" why".  I decided that I was going to strengthen my excercise program...add variety and kick my own butt. I also decided it was time to call in reinforcements. I am VERY fortunate that  one of our OH family members who knows her sh*t , offered to help me and I was smart enough to ask and accept this help. ( I can't thank you enough!!!!)

3)NOW putting the new plan in ACTION. Getting it done friends. My plan I thought was solid...and working for me.I started journaling last night....... Heeeeeeeck no! I'm now looking at the carbs I've been taking in...OMG!!! I was counting...but now I see how much I've been really eating! The calories! The protein!!! Man my numbers are soooooooooo off!!! 

Guess what...THIS IS GREAT!!!! I have a plan of action and holding myself accountable and I tell you I haven't been this excited in a long time!! So I'm journaling...looking food up online for prot, carb and cal content. Going shopping in 30 min to fill my house up and getting a great note book to journal in.

My point? Not the scales fault...Not the life changes fault...Not anyone's fault. If it's not working...I can't lie down and give into it. I need to stand up and look at it ...and FIX IT. No whining or crying..

My legs are NOT giving out...my HEAD wanted to give up....BUT I AM GOING TO KEEP GOING. Look out!!! Here I come !!!!!!!!!!

Peace all!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Imakitekat
on 8/16/13 10:36 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

Wow!  That's really all I can say.  I hope I will remember this advice after my surgery when I come to a crossroads!  Being here on OH is a definite blessing, and there are some truly wonderful people here.....

Smiles:),

Lisa

sheranfour
on 8/17/13 4:30 am

Hi Lisa!

I agree...OH is a blessing. It has been a great source of strength for me.

When your surgery comes, and if you forget all the things you are learning ( it can be overwhelming)...just keep it here and we'll remind you and help you thru. This is what we do best!!

Vanessa_M
on 8/16/13 10:51 pm

Love love love that Quote!  Total game changer. I have really been struggling with my ability to run.  But that quote Just sums it all up! Off to the gym I go! Thanks,  Deb!

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

sheranfour
on 8/17/13 4:35 am

I am so glad it you going Vanessa!

I have been here and read posts that have rocked me and helped me to really make positive changes towards my goals.

I'll be honest, It really hit me and my eyes filled up a bit reading your response. So many have been here and really helped me. I am touched that I said something that really helped you. We have to be each others strength sometimes...we need to always pay it forward. Thank you!

TexasTerritory
on 8/16/13 10:55 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Wow i am impressed!
The_True_KayD
on 8/16/13 11:15 pm

Thank you so much for your follow-up post. As a pre-op I learn so much from everyone. Hearing the "good, bad, and ugly is a huge gift! I know that life will hit and seeing someone recover from "a slip".is a generous gift of learning. My insurance requires 6 month of pre-op dieting/weight loss. At first I was not happy about it. But like you did, i sat down and looked at things using my brain instead of doing arm curls stuffing food into my mouth! I decided that I will use this time to get my head in a better place and get a handle on my food addiction. I am aware of the fact that my eating is a need for some sort of immediate gratification. I want everything now. I have learned that having that attitudes is not only immature but has resulted in me needing to loose 100+ lbs! It is time to do something different. I have decided that not everything has to happen right now! I repeat to myself that "Everything happens for a reason". Your posting reminds me to continue to make the "head changes" because that will be of benefit to me..

I am so grateful for your honesty. You have blessed us with a wealth of information. Thank you for this wonderful gift! 

sheranfour
on 8/17/13 4:46 am

Hi KayD!

Oh! That's so great that you will use the wait time to get some work done on your thoughts and feelings and what drives you to food! I know the wait can stink...I had started my process abt 2.5 yrs before I actually did it. I wasn't happy about the stalls, but amazing things happened during that time. These things and that time allowed me to pay closer attention to  my triggers, evaluate situations and people in my life that would be and had been issues for me...I even mad a career change in there to! I read alot on OH, talked to many folks who had had various WLS...and got some real ideas of what was going to happen.

I truly believe these things needed to happen to help me clear room in my head to make VSG work for me.

Good for you!!!

Tracy D.
on 8/17/13 12:01 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
Very powerful stuff, Deb! You are the perfect example that falling down doesn't have to mean failure. Thanks for inspiring and teaching ALL of us!!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

sheranfour
on 8/17/13 4:51 am

Thank You Tracy!

Keep up the great work!!!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views