How do/did you lose?

megan.sherman
on 8/21/13 11:16 pm
VSG on 05/17/14

Just wondering how your weight came off as you started losing.  I am pre surgery and have lost about 30 lb. so far.  I am wearing pants that are 3 sizes smaller than when I started and wearing 3 x shirts instead of 4x.

I measured myself last month and again last night. My chest has gone down, my waist has gone down but my bust and hips are the same as last month.  I am having visions of myself getting thinner and still having 60 inch hips!  Visually, I can see changes to my face, my shoulders and upper torso but my bottom half isn't changing and it's worrying me!

Anyone else have the same issue?  Did it get better the more weight you lost?

Keith L.
on 8/21/13 11:23 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Everyone is different and it depends where you carry your weight. My face was the first place you could see it. Almost by the time I got home from the hospital. Now the last hold outs are around my stomach and my thighs.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Luvmylilboy
on 8/21/13 11:45 pm - VA
VSG on 04/11/13
Let's just say I wish I could take fat from my stomach and put it back into my boobs! I've lost 62 lbs. so far. I've lost some from my stomach, but it is definitely the last place the weight is dropping off of. Frustrating!

Jackie T.
on 8/21/13 11:54 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

The above posters are correct it really depends on where you carry your weight.  My face is much thinner and I have no butt but my mid section still needs some work.  This is where you can do some strength training/exercising that targets your problem areas.  I really don't complain about it because it is more important to me to get the weight off.  Don't let it worry you, enjoy the losing.  I lost a lot during the preop diet and then for the first 3 months and then the losses got smaller but they are steady losses and for me I am happy with the 110 lbs coming off in 8 months and I am still dropping.  I bought a pair of size 12 pants two weeks ago and they are already lose.  While I have only lost 4-5 lbs in that time frame, I am losing more inches.  Unfortunately, my brain still thinks I am 285lbs and over weight and I am really struggling with the fact that I need to start looking at buying size 10 pants.  I don't remember being a size 10 in high school so this will be very new to me.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

G5x5
on 8/22/13 12:06 am - VA

For me, most of my initial weight loss came right off my belly and waist.  I did see some limited loss around the face and neck though.  For perspective, my waist size is down something like 6-8 inches but my neck size maybe an inch or so.  All the pants I had have done to goodwill already, but my dress shirts have only gone from very tight fitting to very comfortable.

Since that initial burst I'm now seeing the loss as more randomly scattered across the body.  The really weird thing is how much my forearms have shrunk.  I never even considered my arms an issue but there's no doubt they've toned up quite a bit in the most recent weeks.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

mickeymantle
on 8/22/13 1:25 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the weight always comes off from where you want it to last and where you don't want so much first

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 446 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views