Tired

Menchi
on 9/19/13 4:56 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I am so tired, I feel like I could sleep all day and still be tired.  Any idea why?  Maybe not enough protein?

kc82
on 9/19/13 5:24 am - MI
VSG on 05/28/13

I have also been really tired lately. I had my 4 month post-op visit yesterday and my protein levels were low. Most days I only get 60 grams of protein during the week and even less on the weekends. The doc seemed to think that was part of the problem with me being tired.

How much protein are you getting in each day?

Also, I had an iron deficiency which doesn't help.

"I have made the choices that work best for me. I know I cannot please everyone, and that's fine." - Marlee Matlin

Starting Weight: 311 lbs
Current Weight: 160 lbs
Height:
5'3"
Surgery Date:
5/28/13

Menchi
on 9/19/13 5:31 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I am one week from surgery, I have been getting down 2 protein shakes with 20 g each.  It is still a bit hard to get more then that and drink 36oz of water.  I guess I need to try and get a third, the Doctor told me that some people who drink 3 have bowel issues. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/13 5:35 am - Melrose, MA
VSG on 03/11/13

It's so normal to be tired this soon after surgery.  It will get better the further out you get.  Please make sure you stay hydrated first and get enough protein second.  Since you are one week out, you are most likely very limited and protein shakes are the best way to stay hydrated AND get in protein, in my opinion.  I have mixed Miralax into my morning shakes since very early on to avoid constipation.  You could try that.

I know that at this stage consuming liquids and protein is a chore, but just think of it as your job right now.  It's so crucial and will help with healing and combating fatique.

Menchi
on 9/19/13 5:52 am
VSG on 09/11/13

I just started miralax today, first time I felt that urge.  I will focus on the water then since I am still a little low on the water.  I am trying to get up to 40 oz today.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 244 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 312 views