Sugery in 2 days!

TheAuntieMonster
on 11/30/13 3:51 pm - NY
VSG on 12/03/13

Hi everyone! *hugs*

I've been lurking here for sometime, but I promised myself I'd make at least ONE post before my surgery. I'm getting sleeved in 2 days! I can hardly believe it. I've been trying for the last 5 years but things kept getting in the way. Finally now, all the pieces are coming together.  I've got the doctor of my dreams Dr. Yatco @ Lenox Hill Hospital in NY - I'm so thrilled!  What's strange is how oddly calm I am, considering this is my first surgery of any kind. I guess I'm just so ready to get started on this new stage in my life.

I'm so pleased to meet all of you and I hope to get to you know you all better on this journey together :)

The_True_KayD
on 11/30/13 7:54 pm

I will be sleeved on Tuesday. Like you, I am calm about it. I have been considering surgery for over 4 years and finally things fell into place this past spring. I know that there will be some challenges but I am know that I can trust myself to work through those challenges and learn from them. I have accepted the fact that I using food as a pain killer only created more pain for me! I have established a support system of others who have the sleeve. They have been amazing during my pre-op process and know that they will be there for me at post-op. I know that this is the right tool for me to return to and maintain a healthy weight. 

Wishing you an easy recovery and great success! 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

LuLuSunshine
on 11/30/13 10:53 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Your comment about using food as a pain killer really hit home for me. I know I have too been using food as a painkiller for decades of my life and that coming to grips with that fact will help me on my  WLS journey....thank you for sharing and good luck to you this week. I hope your recovery is smooth and uneventful. 

are you part of a support group or have individuals in this forum been helpful. I sure could use all the support possible. OH was recommended by a friend who had surgery 4years ago and I am finding reading posts very helpful!

Good luck!

The_True_KayD
on 11/30/13 11:14 pm

I live in Massachusetts. I did go to Overeaters Anonymous for a while to get my head together. What I learned from that time was acceptance. It was time well worth spent. Currently I go to two in person support groups associated to my Weightloss Center at UMass. I also use this site logging onto it almost every day to read what is being posted. There is also You Tube where people share their "Sleeve" experiences.

I decided that I will be hungry for information instead of hungry for food.  

LuLuSunshine
on 12/1/13 4:41 am - Grand Rapids, MI

I have started counseling to help with self image, etc. Acceptance of past hurts and dealing with stress in a different way than food will be essential to succeeding with my  WLS journey.  I am planning to go to a weekly WLS support group starting tomorrow night too.

thanks so much for sharing what you are doing. Very helpful!

brynn3
on 11/30/13 8:37 pm - MI
VSG on 10/16/13

Congratulations and good luck!!  Hope to hear more about your journey.

Brandy

LuLuSunshine
on 11/30/13 10:45 pm - Grand Rapids, MI

Good luck to you! I am so glad to hear your are so at peace.

I am having my sleeve a week after you and I am still a bit nervous. Hopefully next week I will be at peace like you. At least life is busy this time of year and the time will be here before I know it.  

How has the preop diet gone for you. Any tips you can share?

The_True_KayD
on 12/1/13 6:33 am

I focused alot more on my "head stuff". I decided early on to surround myself with people who have been successful in their post-op journey. That includes doing everything to plan AND recovering from those stumbles. I am walking into my surgery knowing that it is do-able. I have accepted the fact that when I stumble that I will just get right back on track. I dont need to beat myself up over it. I will look at the stumble and find the positive lesson in that event. I just realized that i stopped being my own abuser! I treat myself well and have stopped apologizing for being on this earth!  I know what i should be eating but the head stuff always got in the way! 

lmsypherd
on 12/1/13 3:55 am

I think we are getting sleeved on the same day, December 2nd.  I am excited and anxious all at once.  Good luck with everything!