pre-op diet

Tenacious88
on 1/21/14 10:43 pm - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Today I started my two week pre-op diet. I'm drinking lean body shakes and nectar protein drinks, I picked up at The vitamin Shoppe.

They taste great, we'll see in the next few days if I still love them.

Starting weight 255  Jan 22, 20014.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

Keith L.
on 1/21/14 11:40 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Your tastes change a lot from pre to post-op diet and then frequently in the first couple of months. Chances are you will hate them post-op. But you will find something you like. The Vitamin Shoppe is a good place for RTDs because you can buy a fee from the cooler case and try them before committing to a whole case. They also sometimes have protein powder samples you can buy or they offer for free so you can try some powders.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

snowdove
on 1/22/14 2:30 am

I am waiting for my surgery date now. I too will soon be starting my liquid diet, for two weeks and than three after surgery. Thanks for telling us where we can buy one  to try. I have looked on line and most except Unjury, you can not buy just one. Thanks going to go there tomorrow and get some to try. Hoping my taste buds don't change to much , because I really love the unjury protein drinks.

G5x5
on 1/22/14 2:09 am - VA

That's exactly how I started.  Same shakes, same weight.  If you're 5'7" then this is getting weird....

Good luck!  Just remember, you'll probably feel some hunger over the next two weeks, that can't be helped.  Space out your food and drink water constantly.  Flavor it with with MIO or something if that helps.  Throw in ice chips if you like to crunch.

Life on the other side is sooooo worth the small effort over these two weeks.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Tenacious88
on 1/22/14 3:19 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 02/05/14

Thanks for your reply, No I'm 5' 6" you win. I started my diet this morning, so far things are going well. The shakes taste good, but my stomach is calling for food. Did you eat any food at all or just shakes? I was told by my Nut to only drink shakes, and clear liquids, no solid food.

Clear liquids, water, diet Snapple, Crystal light, sugar free jello, sugar free popsicle, broth, chicken, beef, vegetable.

I know I can do this.

Stay in touch.

"We as Losers need to have Bull Dog Tenacity to win the war against obesity"                  

G5x5
on 1/22/14 5:05 am - VA

My program was around 1,000 calories with some food and some shakes,  it had to have less than 60 grams of carbs per day.

Generally it was two shakes, some veggies, some yogurt, some fruit, some cheese, 4 ounces of lean protein, and sugar-free Popsicles.  The items with "some" in front of them were not everyday items.  Each day I had to plan out my meals to balance everything and keep to the two rules above.

Breakfast and lunch is where I used the shakes.  Veggies usually at lunch and dinner.  Popsicles later in the evening before bed to kill the snack impulse.  Lots of crushed ice water with MIO.  By the time I was done my "water" tasted a lot like and orange Popsicle.  I crunched on ice constantly.

Honestly though, I felt a low level of hunger the entire two weeks, but I knew what I wanted so I paid the price.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Machelle.K
on 1/22/14 8:54 am - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

Best of luck on your journey!

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain