Early Morning Stomach Issues??

Stacy_WLS
on 2/11/14 8:59 pm

Hi everyone!  

I am 2 months post op and for the most part have had no problems with my sleeve.  I have only thrown up a handful of times and those have been stomach bile not because food did not agree with me.

The past two mornings -- yesterday really early morning while I was sleeping) my stomach became extremely upset and I threw up all my stomach bile.  

Has anyone had this happen to them?  I just started on a PPI a few days ago - the timing is weird that maybe that is causing it.

Any feedback would be great.  Thanks!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

justpete
on 2/11/14 9:22 pm
VSG on 04/02/13

you should be taking the PPI first thing in the morning with a little bit of water.  and nothing else for at least 30 mins after.  let it sit in your stomach and turn off all those acid producing thingies.  after the 30 minutes.  big glass of water 500ml+.  this is how i start my day, everyday.  no issues.  not sure why you would be having nighttime issues, depends on what you ate before and how much water you get it every day most likely.  I keep a glass of water beside bed to sip on all night as well.

HW: 407   Final Appointment : 376   Pre-op Diet Start: 367   SW: 350 (Apr2/2013) Add me on MFP

The_True_KayD
on 2/11/14 10:31 pm

After my surgery I started taking my PPI in the AM. I was having some acid problems. My doctor switched my PPI rx to be that I take it in the AM and PM...I would suggest you talk to your surgeon and let him know. 

HW: 249  SW: 233  VSG: Dec 3, 2013    

Tracy D.
on 2/11/14 10:45 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You could be having breakthrough acid issues at night that could possibly cause the morning problems.  It will take a few days for the PPI to kick in and you might need two doses a day rather than one until things get under control.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mpg9638
on 2/12/14 12:10 am

I had the same problem.  I am 3.5 weeks out.  I switch to protonix.  It helps.  Also drinking water first thing in the morning.  Then wait and eat a little egg.  Really slow.  My PA told me she and the surgeon want me to try and eat every 4 hours.   They said they r finding our problems very common

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views