Protein Water

Flygirlmedic
on 5/11/14 2:13 am

I just came across a great way to get my water in and also help with getting in my protein. Its called Protein 2o water. It has 15 grams of protein, 70 cals and 2 carbs for a 16.9 oz bottle. The Grape Splash is pretty tasty too. I found it at Vitamin World, but you can get them online too.

http://www.drinkprotein2o.com

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/11/14 5:19 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Seems like a lot of calories just for water.

I don't know if you've had surgery or not, but it's better to obtain your protein from dense sources for the purpose of satiety.  This is not something I would ever consider,  but that's just me.  Maybe it will work for you.  Good luck. 

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

olessgn571
on 5/11/14 7:49 am
VSG on 04/24/14

I'm confused I thought the goal was to eat protein and protein does have calories. The calories and protein 20 the purity coming from Protien and not from carbohydrates or sugars, isn't that what we're wanting?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/11/14 8:01 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

You said the key words - eat protein.

This is protein enhanced beverage. If you read their website,  they recommend their product not as a meal substitute,  but as a "between meal supplement."

If you're newly sleeved and having problems reaching your fluid and protein goals, maybe this is for you. But it's a lot of calories and not dense protein which is what you should strive for once you begin your eating program. 

It also contains sucralose which some people cannot tolerate well after surgery. 

IMHO, I think there are better and more satisfying ways to incorporate protein into your diet.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

happyteacher
on 5/11/14 8:56 am, edited 5/11/14 8:57 am

Not really- most of those calories are coming from the protein. I cannot recall for sure at them moment, but I think protein is 4 calories per gram. So that would be 60 of the 70 calotries.  I would double check the protein source though- we cannot absorb collogen, but if it is whey based or one of the other ones that we can absorb I think it is a great find :)  Edit: Drinking protein versus eating protein is a personal choice- both of which can lead you to goal.  I know during the weight loss phase I relied heavily on drinking protein supplements.  I am just not a big meat eater, so it was a great source for me to hit my targets.  I found that a drink like what is described in this post worked great as a snack and held off crappy eating choices, but was not quite enough to replace a meal.  If the OP does well with this I don't see an issue at all other than making sure the protein source is good and to keep an awareness that vitamins and minerals still need to be tracked and obtained. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Flygirlmedic
on 5/11/14 9:21 am

I am 11 weeks post op. Not using this to replace any meals. I drink a lot of water and unsweetened Kool-Aid and other things during the day. I have no problems getting in the required amount of liquids or protein. But since I have to do both daily I find this to be a nice substitute every once in a while then just drinking plain water. I get my fluids and protein at the same time. Just like drinking a shake.

VSG 2/25/14 Dr. David Kim    HT 5'5" 51yo SW 230 CW 170.2 GW 135

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 285 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views