Did you have surgery in Mexico?

Banana14
on 6/12/14 7:13 am

Hi there,

Did any of you have surgery in Mexico? If you did could you recommend anyone and let me know how your surgery went? It looks like I am going to have to do self pay and wanted to get some info from some that have had it there. Thanks guys!

S.

Wanda1118
on 6/12/14 7:38 am
VSG on 07/09/14

My daughter had it done in Juarez, Mexico by a Dr. Rodriguez..She had no complications and is getting along and losing weight just fine. I would suggest however, you take someone along with you to help you if you need it. I went with my daughter and the nursing staff was not all that great..they do not make beds etc. 1 person is allowed to stay with you. They do all the pre-op testing and the x-ray after surgery to make sure there are no leaks. Hope this helps...Good luck to you!

DiaMon
on 6/12/14 7:49 am, edited 6/12/14 7:50 am
VSG on 03/12/14

I did, today is my third month surgiversary. I went to Mexicali and had surgery with Dr. Elias Garcia at Almater hospital. Here's the link to Dr. Garcia's website http://obesitymakeover.com/. Excellent pricing, very responsible and one of the best dr.'s I've ever encountered. I handled everything WITH him as opposed to other dr.'s in the area that have a middle man. I have nothing but geat things to say about him, I went on the 12th of March, did the exams the same day and had surgery later that night. I spent 2 nights in the hospital in a private suite. I'm familiar with the area because I have family there so I've been around and know good dr. info. I have other relatives that went with  Dr. Aceves, but the prices drove me away since I didn't need the package that they sell you, I guess it depends what you need because I drove from 'Vegas.  . Either doctors are awesome, and they work in the same hospital which is one if not the best I've been to.

Hope that helps. ;) 

P.S. you can have someone go and stay with you or stay alone, the hospital has great staff.

Surgery Date: 3•12•14 HW:264 SW:240 // GOAL WEIGHT 160 lbs REACHED on 08/24/14 REVISED GOAL: 140 

REVISED GOAL REACHED: 01/12/2015 CURRENT WEIGHT: 135 (=

50shadesofsleeve
on 6/12/14 7:56 am

I had surgery in TJ Mexico on 5/26/14 with Dr Cabrera. It cost $4500  and a plane ticket from MI. I also went by myself. I would recommend you research all you can. U Tube is a awesome resourse ( check out gastricsleeve4me and Less of Sara) Many LOVE the docs in Mexicalli but mine was cheaper. I have no issues and if you want any info email [email protected] and tell her Shirlyn passed on the info.

Bearz
on 6/12/14 8:05 am

Dr Rodriguez out Juarez Mexico I went with a company called beliteweight.com they helped me get never thing i needed and i could make payments. The Dr's are great I saw a doctor every day I was there.and yes I would do it again.

Machelle.K
on 6/12/14 12:15 pm - WA
VSG on 11/06/12

My sister went to Dr. Alvarez and it cost $8700. I went with her, I had my surgery here in the states. The hospital was older but they provided excellent care. We paid for our own travel expenses and we chose to stay another day after to ensure she got enough rest before flying home to Seattle. She had surgery February  2014 she's lost about 78 pounds since then. The doctors visited her in the room several times a day, and they cared for me too having their assistant bring me in dinner. The area was not a tourist area so I stayed in the hospital. I hope this helps.

Machelle 11/6/2012 with Dr. Houseworth WA

bigredlt
on 6/12/14 11:16 pm - Harrisburg, PA
VSG on 03/07/14 with

I posted my experience from March in the Mexico forum. Any other questions, let me know.

42 y/o, 5'7", HW 289, Start Weight 280. SW 264 on 3/7/14. Diagnosed w/IDC 5/16/14.

lkfennell
on 6/13/14 3:06 am - Independence, KY

2 of my friends had it with Dr Alberto Aceves... I too am having it done on July14... I am excited!  He is more expensive that Tijuana Doctors... but he is in a state of the art hospital and teaches with Johnson and Johnson.... The reason I chose him... I feel safer.. Not dissing anyone else's doctor, but Just giving you information on why..

Keith L.
on 6/14/14 8:13 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I had mine with Dr. Sergio Verboonen in Cancun (he also has an office in Tijuana that is a bit less expensive). I had a great experience in Mexico. The medical staff was fantastic, the hospital was very nice, I could not have asked for a better experience.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 276 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views