Pre-Op Diet

marstro
on 7/29/14 7:39 am

Just wondering if you're doing it how it's going for you? I'm very surprised on how well it's going here. I'm scheduled for surgery on August 6th, so, I'm on day three of it.

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/14 7:44 am
with

I had to do 4 weeks on mine... day 2 was the WORST. I didn't think I'd make it but, I pushed through.

Now, it's actually not bad at all - I can tell the days I'm to low on protein... I start feeling so hungry. 

I track what little I can have on MyFitnessPal and it helps keep me honest. Drinking water is the key to keeping me full. 

Happy to hear it's going well for you.

Amy M.
on 7/29/14 7:55 am - Grand Island, NY
VSG on 07/30/14

My surgery is tomorrow so today I'm on the final day of pre-op which of course is the clear liquids only.  This 2 weeks has gone by pretty good for me.  I've lost 15 pounds and the protein shakes kept me full.  I was allowed 4 oz of meat and 1 cup of green veggies for dinner which also filled me up so I didn't feel hungry or tired from lack of food.  I was head hungry and had a hard time at first when my boyfriend would eat cheeseburgers and pastas around me, but I took a nice big wiff of whatever he ate and I thought to myself, "If I can smell it, I don't need to eat it!" 

I am a bit hungry today as all I've had besides water is jello, a sugar free popsicle, and chicken broth.  However, it's not as bad as I imagined.  Good luck on your pre-op diet and stick to your plan verbatim and it'll go by quick.  And good luck on surgery!

yvonnef1964
on 7/29/14 8:13 am
VSG on 08/11/14

I started my pre op diet today. I get to eat real food.  You have to purchased their food from their store. I was worried about the serving size but I'm staying full.  Only problem is watching the clock to eat every three hours and then drinking when you can. Also the cost of the food. It cost more than I spend in a month. Otherwise its good. I have my surgery on August 11. Wish you the best on your surgery.

secretsleeves
on 7/29/14 8:21 am

My surgery is August 6th as well and to be honest I am doing it but it is not easy right now at all.

I am hoping tomorrow will be better...I have a bad headache and not being able to take Advil is a bummer.

Glad to hear everyone else is doing pretty well, I won't cheat or anything, but I did think it would be easier.

VSG on 8/6/2014

marstro
on 7/30/14 6:44 am

I had bad headaches the first day and half of the second day. That's gone now so everything is going well. Hope you're feeling better.

crankyyanky1
on 7/29/14 9:42 am - hampstead, NC

I was searching for just this topic I am on day one of my diet, my surgery is Aug !3th and they have me on all protein shakes and supplemented by water or other drinks I am very hungry I am really trying to push through watching my family eat dinner was really hard even though I know the end result is worth it the hunger is overbearing

marstro
on 7/30/14 6:46 am

See, I was nauseous the first day. The shakes just sat there it seemed like forever. But, luckily I've not had any problems with hunger.

Justme7
on 7/29/14 10:41 am - ID

I am scheduled for August 6th, but get to eat until Sunday. Then it is two days of full liquids then one day of clear liquids.  

MarcyisMyName
on 7/29/14 10:49 am

I have been on the diet since last Wednesday, and I am scheduled for surgery this Thursday (7/31). I lucked out because my surgeon was pushing people through for surgery, so I only had to do the diet for one week versus the usual 2 weeks on Ketogen-x and one week on liquids. It has not been nearly as hard as I expected, and I have lost 14.2 pounds as of this morning. I am allowed protein shakes, fortified soups, sugar free popsicles and jello, and water. There are other things on the list, but it is basically just variations of the same. My only problem is that I am starting to get forgetful. :-)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views