Turning sadness into motivation

_idonerds
on 10/16/14 10:34 am - Mount vernon, NY
with

I went to my pre-op appointment and I gained 3 lbs. I was sad for like an hour but then I kicked myself in the butt and said how any a gonna fix this so here is the plan : 

1. No more red meat 

2. No rice

3. No potatoes 

4. Limited pasta 

5. 3days a week think a 1 mile walk ( will increase as I get used to it) 

6. 3 days a week incorporate the post op meal plan for breakfast and lunch(  the purée meal) 

7. Only 3 snack food a month( gotta be realist I love my gummys) 

8. No soda no juice (only crystal light and diet snapple) 

i don't know what else should I do or is that enough or to much ? 

greensleeved
on 10/16/14 11:08 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

All sounds good, but why no red meat and why the pasta? Reverse those two and find better snacks than candy. There are so many sugar free options out there that there must be a gummy-like one. Good luck.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

_idonerds
on 10/16/14 12:31 pm - Mount vernon, NY
with

I have a gummy addiction like it is really bad so no matter how much a try I can't give it up.... It is like a drug lol... The red meat I relize I have a  habit of over eating when I eat red meat so I'm gonna cut it out until I can learn to make smaller portions... The pasta I tend to eat small amounts of pasta for some reason I feel guilty if I put  a lot on the plate so  that might be helpful.

Dee R.
on 10/16/14 12:30 pm - CA

I agree.  Boost the protein, lower the carbs, and cut out the sugar.  I've been doing that since 6/16 preparing for surgery.  And I've lost 34 lbs. so far.  I don't have my surgery date yet.  Hopefully, next month.  I'm too excited and can't wait!! 

_idonerds
on 10/16/14 1:39 pm - Mount vernon, NY
with

I got a boat load of protein drink and meal bars so I hope I'm good on that front....

trin123
on 10/16/14 1:02 pm

I am really not trying to be rude because I love gummies to but I was told not to eat anything gummy. Is that true?

VSG on 9/24/2014 w Dr. Marsden

_idonerds
on 10/16/14 1:38 pm - Mount vernon, NY
with

I could not  tell you my dietician thinks it funny how crazy I am for gummy snacks and she lets me be with that kinda..... 

angel720
on 10/16/14 1:14 pm
VSG on 08/06/14

Great plan, cutting out all those carbs and being realistic of  your snacks. We usually tend to go all or nothing and this may hurt us in the long.

Why are you  incorporating the puree meals?   Post surgery you have a tiny tiny stomach  so why eat it now that you can eat so much more?  My puree meal plan was not really low in calories but since I ate so little it did not matter. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

_idonerds
on 10/16/14 1:36 pm, edited 10/16/14 1:36 pm - Mount vernon, NY
with

Not so much the size of the purée just the concept...  That would truly be  outlandish lol 

TexasTerritory
on 10/16/14 7:26 pm, edited 10/16/14 7:28 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
I am only 15 months out so I am not a true vet. Yet, I see problems with your carb amounts. Start tracking your food with my fitness pal and you'll probably see that you are consuming way too many carbs.

I have a concern about your attitude towards your 'snacks' and pasta. If you are serious about WLS then now is the time to start new habits that will be necessary post-op.

Change your attitude about food that you 'must' have. Start counseling to discover new strategies for coping.

The fact that you made a plan is awesome. Just tweek it for more realistic goals and you'll be great.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 18 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 192 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 278 views