week 2 + 1 day 800 calorie days?

secretsleeves
on 10/20/14 2:27 am

Listen to GwenMo, that's what I did when I first had surgery. I never even mentioned it because I felt so whining the first few weeks and hungry and felt like a failure.

What I did do was read her and others advice that kept telling me to IGNORE my stomach, that my stomach couldn't be trusted to give me the proper signals while it was healing.

I was on liquids for 2 weeks straight and puree for 4 weeks after that. I could not have a bite of real food for 6 weeks and it was not fun at all.

I did it though because I was too scared I would hurt my stomach. I know our doctors gave us different plans, but our plans are so very different it seems crazy.

When I had my first bite of cottage cheese at two weeks it was really hard and it took a few days for my stomach to accept it. I didn't throw up, but I felt pretty sick.

The same happened with food, and I did get sick twice, but it was from trying to eat lettuce. I had major pain and gas pain for at least 3 weeks, so the beans would of just about done me in at 2 weeks.

I realize you are following your surgeon's plan, but it does seem to be the most lenient one I have ever seen. I had my surgery in August and it's still fresh enough in my mind that I cannot even fathom how you can eat 4 to 5 ounces. A part of me thinks maybe your stomach is still healing and your are not getting the proper signals. I'm happy to see that your recovery seems to be going great. I was pretty miserable at 2 weeks, so it's always nice to see when others don't feel as bad.

VSG on 8/6/2014

roseygirl
on 10/24/14 1:36 pm

I talked to the registered dietitian and shared with her the meals I've been tracking and MyFitnessPal and the only thing she didn't want me having was a baked potato soup because it is to carby. the only other thing she said was not to go over 800 calories a day at this point and to continue on plan and that it's perfectly normal for some people to still feel hungry and need to eat every 3 hours. my hospital is a center of excellence for bariatric surgery and people from all over the world come to watch the surgeons. I know their plans are more lenient than others but it's because they want to be more realistic and get us eating normally and learning what the new normal is for us. They kind of suggested I stay off of these forums and stick to the form provided by the hospital because it's actually monitored by the dieticians and psychologist to help us with advice that coincides with our surgeon directed plan. I think someone asked about eating solid food and yes four ounces of chicken breast have me feeling full and satisfied for about 3 hours. 

for those of you on mushies or liquids I can say my first piece of solid food was half of one hard boiled egg and that was hard to choke down. After one week of working solid food back in I'm now feeling very normal about eating except that I get full after 4 ounces and I really need to watch using condiments and other things that add to calories to ensure I stay at or below 800 per day.

VSG Surgery 10/02/14

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active