Sleeve diet

Sharshar_
on 3/22/15 1:58 am - Hilton head island, SC

I see a lot of post-op sleevers on Instagram who post their meals and are eating things like tortillas, oatmeal, cereal, etc... My plan does not tolerate carbs! It barely tolerates fruit or legumes (I can only eat 1 oz.) ! What do you all think of this? What did your nutritionists say about your diet during your losing phase?

Bufflehead
on 3/22/15 2:03 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

My plan aligns with yours. No grains, no starchy veggies, no sweets during weight loss. Fruit and legumes/beans in small amounts. Focus on protein-rich foods and green veggies.

mickeymantle
on 3/22/15 2:08 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

my plan allows any food but you need to get the protien in first so there is not much room for carbs,

I try to get them from fruits and veggies , but ive been known to eat a fish taco( not from fast food joint)

I try to keep it around 30 gm carbs but my plan does not list calories or carbs, my nut wants us to eat a balanced diet

only  amount required is 80 gm protien 

I stay around 800 cal , 80 gm protien , 30 gm carbs don'****ch fat , 1200 mg calcium , 2 daily vits , 1 iron pill

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

GooseGirl
on 3/22/15 2:35 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

My plan does allow for carbs/starches. I don't eat very many of them because it is a daily struggle for me to get in all of my protein as it is. To fill my stomach with stuff that doesn't provide me protein just doesn't seem logical. The starch that I allow myself the most often is quinoa chips and that is because it also has protein in it. 

My dietitian is actually on my case because I'm not eating enough veggies/fruits due to my small capacity. Again, it is something that I have to work on and be mindful every day. 

My entire medical team (surgeon, dietitian, mental health therapist) all have the philosophy that to make this process successful for life I need to learn how to change my diet without feeling like I am on a diet. That means that if I should happen to have the occasional slice of toast or tortilla it is fine especially if I planned for it. My weight loss is going well but I definitely acknowledge that I am in the honeymoon phase and try not to become to complacent. 

hollykim
on 3/22/15 3:33 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 22, 2015 at 8:58 AM Pacific Time, Sharshar_ wrote:

I see a lot of post-op sleevers on Instagram who post their meals and are eating things like tortillas, oatmeal, cereal, etc... My plan does not tolerate carbs! It barely tolerates fruit or legumes (I can only eat 1 oz.) ! What do you all think of this? What did your nutritionists say about your diet during your losing phase?

all plans are different cause all surgeons are different people, they are mot simply clones.

frisco
on 3/22/15 3:49 am

Here is the deal.....

With the current day VSG that is not standardized.....

- Surgeries are not all created equal

- Plans are from A-Z with many nuts and RD's reciting nutrition 101 for normies

- Aftercare goes from great to non-existent.

- Some programs are geared for 100%EWL and others shoot for 50-60% EWL and some are not even programs.

Results are all over the place !!!!!

That is one of the problems with things like Instagram/Facebook and here. Some people can get veered off because they think things from some wonky plan is OK.

The other one that gets bounced around here is someones surgeon/program says that calories don't matter???? Really..... ????

*** Follow your surgeons plan/program.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Kashe
on 3/22/15 4:00 am

I would love to be able to get my needs from Oatmeal, but I would be exhausted later in the day due to a lack of protein. Protein drinks, eggs, sashimi, and yogurt are my favorites.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/22/15 5:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Meal plans are all over the place, what works for one, won't work for another. My nutritionist doesn't have me counting calories, carbs etc. My plan is to get at least 80g of protein first, preferably from dense protein, then carbs from veggies first, then fruit. This in addition to my vits & water amounts.

I do track calories, carbs, salt, etc, but it's really more of a guideline, I'd rather make sure I reach protein goals while keeping calories & carbs low. So I stay between 800 and 1000 calories & keep carbs under 60g, and adjust as needed as I work my way down.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

iloveravens
on 3/23/15 12:23 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I follow this plan too!  :)  xoxo

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

TexasTerritory
on 3/22/15 7:13 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I avoid carbs at all costs.