I do terrible with eating on the weekends

sleeve_scholar
on 5/11/15 11:24 am
VSG on 03/09/15

Hey Folks,

I just wanted input/thoughts on weekend eating. It appears that I'm much more structured during the weekday due to work etc. However, on the weekend, I pretty much can go Sat. and Sun. without eating or drinking much. How does this impact weight loss in general? I am still losing at a fairly good clip, I just lost 5 1/2 pds. in a week. So in essence, I don't get in my water or protein due to my eating habits on the weekend, I meet all the goals for both during the weekday. Also, I have failed to exercise on a consistent basis and that has me concerned. Am I starting to get off track??? I want to get control of things before they get out of hand. I just am not hungry or thirsty much on the weekend and I'm on the go a lot. I will say that I feel possibly the effects of low blood sugar due to not eating and I know that can't be good.

So give it to me straight....

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -- Jim Rohn

mmsmom
on 5/11/15 11:58 am - Woburn, MA

My advice would be develop an eating habit and stick with it - forever.  Eat the same no matter what day of the week it is - choosing wisely and eating regularly.  Do not indulge nor cut back because it is the weekend.  Obviously we all have special  occassions which usually fall on the weekend.  However, consistency will get you results.

VSG on 04/28/2014

sleeve_scholar
on 5/11/15 3:39 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

Good advice, I am still a newbie with my body so I'm learning day by day. I did just recently realize that I don't eat much on the weekend and that concerned me a bit. I will have to carry my weekday habits over to my weekends as well.

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." -- Jim Rohn

Bufflehead
on 5/11/15 12:14 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Maybe try making an eating schedule for yourself the evening before or early in the morning the day of. Put it on your phone. 10 AM - breakfast: Greek yogurt. 1 PM: lunch: 2 oz. chicken breast + 1 oz. broccoli (or whatever it is you are going to eat). I find that when I plan things out pretty rigidly in advance, I am much less likely to either forget to eat or to go off track and start eating crap.

sleeve_scholar
on 5/11/15 3:40 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

I can be pretty rigid when I want to so I guess I'll have to set a schedule so that it becomes a habit, even on the weekends. Still learning, but I'll get there. Thanks for the input.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/11/15 12:21 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I find that if I'm going to be busy on my days off that I start packing pre packaged meals. I'll have things like tuna packets, beef jerky, cheese sticks & protein bars in my purse. I'm not wearing a Prada purse LOL, so I don't care about whatever looks I might get when I start eating string cheese on the train. I also carry a water bottle.

Exercise is good for the body, but it doesn't have to be the same thing that you do during the week, & remember you can't exercise your way to thin, it's what you eat that matters most.

However you eat during the week, find ways to eat the same way on the weekends, you'll have to plan a little more but it can be done. If you must, set an alarm on your phone to remind yourself to eat/drink, that way you can stay on track, even on the weekends.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

sleeve_scholar
on 5/11/15 3:43 pm
VSG on 03/09/15

I love my tuna packets, lol. I love the part about "you can't exercise your way to thin, it's what you eat that matters most." I will have to better plan for my weekends it looks like that's the way to go. Thanks for the advice.

Dan1962
on 5/11/15 5:27 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I experienced some of that in the beginning.  I had to force myself to stay to a schedule on the weekends.  I eat exactly the same breakfast/lunch/dinner options on the weekend I do during the week.  My other issues was water, at work I'm very structured, but at home I have all this free time but I'm behind on water.  I always get it in but its really hard on the weekend.  Don't let the bad habits creep in!

sleeve_scholar
on 5/12/15 7:48 am
VSG on 03/09/15

Thanks Dan, its a real struggle for sure, but I think I now know what I need to do to get a handle on it. Developing good habits is my goal so this proves to me that there's still work to do. All the free time and not being hungry is a challenge for me.

psychoticparrot
on 5/11/15 8:02 pm

Something that has worked for me is what I call the Sheldon Plan. Sheldon is a nerdy genius on The Big Bang Theory TV show, and he eats the same thing each week. Monday is Thai, Tuesday is pizza, Wednesday is something else, etc. 

This plan actually has a lot of merit, especially when you're busy. I have a meal plan that I repeat every week, so there's no guessing or improvising last-minute (and sometimes high-calorie) meals. When my husband and I get tired of a particular meal, I just swap it out for another.

For weekends when you're on the go, I would make a 3-meal-a-day Sheldon Plan that you repeat each week. Maybe a crock-pot dinner and/or sandwiches that you can take with you would work well. It seems a shame to undo all the work you already put into your weekday meal planning.

Thank you, Sheldon, you loveable freak! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."