This crazy life of mine

sanjali23
on 6/19/15 2:21 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Well I've been gone for a while and so much has happened. I joined the foreign service (FS) and was posted to Lusaka, Zambia of all places. It has been AMAZING. I keep thanking God that he gave me the courage to do my surgery when I did because almost 1 year to the day I did it, I began my FS career and felt more confident and amazing than ever before. I liked the way I looked and felt and how I presented myself, and not once was I figeting in my clothes. I arrived in Lusaka, anxious and eager to form workout groups and am actively trying to get folks here to move more but since no one has joined the band wagon yet, I am happily working out at the free gym the embassy provides all by my lonesome. Guess who can run on a treadmill and not feel like her lungs are going to explode...ME BABY

Years ago when I entered a gym it was torture. I hated he mirrors and thought everyone was looking at me, now I love the mirrors and yes, you better look at me kicking ass on that treadmill, elliptical, and weights. My stamina is up and I feel great. I do still have a few more pounds to go but the number on the scale doesn't concern me half as much these days as my ability to move, run, walk, dance, and do whatever other physical thing I feel like doing. 

For those who are contemplating this major life changing decision, let me assure you that the surgery is just one small part of this journey, it's the lifestyle that comes after that makes this so amazing and so worth it. I enjoy showing people my before and after pictures (which I need to upload here at some point) because it keeps me motivated and makes me feel so proud that I took full and total control of my life and so can you.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner

cappy11448
on 6/19/15 4:54 am

What a wonderful post.  I am so happy for you and all you've been able to accomplish.

Congratulations.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Loser2542
on 6/19/15 5:07 am

Your post really highlights that anything is possible. Thank you for sharing!

HW: 388 SW: 240 CW: 172      Surgery Date 11/07/2014     VSG with Dr. Chengelis

psychoticparrot
on 6/19/15 6:25 am

What an adventure and great example for us all! And you're so right that the surgery and weight loss are just a phase we pass through on the way to living a fuller life. Looking forward to the photos.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Tracy D.
on 6/19/15 9:14 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I was excited to see your avatar on one of the posts today!  You HAVE been gone for a long time but how exciting to be doing something so interesting in another country.  Good for you!! 

Happy for your success and all you've accomplished.  Don't be a stranger and keep up the good work 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

lianna
on 6/19/15 9:21 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I love to hear HAPPY!!!!!!!!

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

sanjali23
on 6/23/15 1:54 am - Orlando, FL
VSG on 02/12/14

Thanks guys for the motivation. I may be gone a little but this community is always on my mind. You all have been so instrumental to my success because as you all know, everyday is not a good day but knowing that I can come here for a little "you go girl" just when I need it is great.

Success is getting what you want, happiness is wanting what you get. ”

— Dave Gardner