How long were you in the Hospital??

Bufflehead
on 9/25/15 8:54 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Went in early Wednesday morning for surgery at 7 AM, got released to go home Friday around noon. That's pretty standard for my surgeon.

Starlene02
on 9/25/15 2:12 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

How soon did you have to return to have stitches or staples removed and for check ups?

Bufflehead
on 9/25/15 3:25 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

My surgeon uses glue, so no stitches or staples to be removed. I went back for my first check-up at 2 weeks post-op.

MelissaKay_69
on 9/25/15 9:02 am

I just had my surgery Tuesday morning and left Wednesday around 3:30 pm. That's standard for my doctor. I left the hospital and no longer have to take my blood pressure or diabetes medication. Good luck on your surgery.

wyo_sarah
on 9/25/15 9:19 am

I live 5 hours from the hospital I had my surgery at. I got there at 12:30, my surgery was about 2 pm and I left the following morning by 11.  I went to the surgeon's office for a swallow study and we were on the highway headed home by 2.

Starlene02
on 9/25/15 2:06 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

My fear is being released too early and being so far away. How soon do you have to go back to have stitches or staples removed and for check ups?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/25/15 9:23 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I was there 3 days, but left in the afternoon of the 3rd day. I needed that extra day, the day after surgery I was very,very tired & I had to do a leak test where I had to swallow that nasty ass liquid while they looked at it going down on some machine that I stood in front of. I wasn't drinking enough liquids so they kept me that 2nd day. By the 3rd day I was feeling much better & was able to get in my fluids.

I think being able to get in the fluids is the most important thing b4 they'll let you go. I probably could've went home the 2nd day if i was able to get it all in.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Starlene02
on 9/25/15 2:13 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

How soon did you have to return to have stitches or staples removed and for check ups?

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/26/15 3:43 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I think I had glue or some kind of dissolving stitches I really don't remember having them removed. I went back a week or 2 weeks later so that they could take a look. Then I went back a month later, then it was every 3 months. I think my first set of routine blood tests was 6 months after surgery.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Starlene02
on 9/26/15 11:27 am
VSG on 11/11/15

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Most Active