3 days post op

Wendi74
on 10/17/15 7:45 am
VSG on 10/14/15

I had my VSG on the 14th. I am feelin a little closer to normal today. The first night the nausea was horrible. I was told I was lucky because I did not actually vomit. I cannot even imagine how horrible that is. Actually took a shower this morning, that drained some energy. I am working on my fluid and protein intake.

suzyq584
on 10/17/15 8:10 am

I hope you continue to improve everyday. I had my surgery on 10/8 so I am 9 days out. I still have pain in and around the bigger incision where the most work was performed. More like a pulling feeling than actual all day pain. Luckily, I only experienced nausea once and as soon as I took my anti-nausea meds it dissipated.

Probable my worst experience through the whole thing was the constipation. Almost 2 weeks without going is too long and caused problems. I strongly encourage you to speak with your Dr. about how to prevent that if you aren't going. I absolutely do not wish what I went through on anyone!!

Get plenty of rest, sip your water and walk, walk, walk. It all helps I promise!!

Keep us posted on how you feel please!!

~Suzy

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Wendi74
on 10/17/15 8:34 am
VSG on 10/14/15

Thank you, I will keep posting. I also had a weird thin when I woke up this morning, my IV site is very tender today. No problems with it until today, anyone experience this?

Billy D.
on 10/17/15 9:30 am

Yes, mine had fallen out and they fixed it..it's now 10 days and is better but it was sore for a week after. It is still bruised but going away. They told me if anything gets red and feels hot around wounds to call them, I think that would apply to the hole where IV was too.

Ready2goNOW
on 10/17/15 8:38 am

Hi Wendi!

I had my surgery on the 14th, too. My energy is low, too, so I plan on frequent naps over the weekend.

Glad your surgery went well. We will have to compare notes!

Take care!

Kathy

Wendi74
on 10/17/15 6:25 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

I have an unnatural fear that this won't work and he didn't take out enough? I can do 4 ounces with no problems....probably being unnecessarily worried.

lolo100
on 10/17/15 9:03 am - colorado springs, CO
DS on 10/13/15

I had a sleeve on the 13th, released from the hospital on the 14th, stayed with my daughter overnight, and then back at home. I am feeling pretty good. Only felt nauseous once. Have some pain pills but have taken them sparingly and have used mostly tylenol. I was supposed to have a DS, but that could not be done due to the condition of my small intestine, so I woke up with a sleeve. I am feeling better than i expected as i was prepared for much worse. I get tired easily, but other than that, i feel well.

LS2dv8
on 10/18/15 6:38 am

So sorry to hear the nausea was so bad. Please rest! Wishing you a speedy recovery

LS2DV8