Just one more bite...

murphyjo
on 10/18/15 12:05 pm

...this will certainly get you into a state of discomfort! I have found myself fighting my old self wanting just one more bite, then regretting it moments later. I have even gone so far as to having to began chewing it, then getting up to spit it out. It's amazing how that last bite can literally ruin a perfectly good meal. I am 2 mo post op, feeling great, eating all foods without regret. I am down 29 pounds since surgery day and 49 total!

(deactivated member)
on 10/18/15 12:45 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

I agree. I'm also 2 months post op, and a couple times have taken one too many bites, and want to cry and curl up on the floor from the nausea. Won't do that again. But I have definitely gone for that bite a few times, and spit it out. My biggest issue is not drinking while eating. Before surgery I would drink 2 big glasses of water with a meal, and not taking one sip kills me. I feel like I'm dying of thirst lol.

Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Sunshine411
on 10/18/15 12:54 pm

When you say your eating all foods can you clarify some of the foods you been waiting to have and finally did?

murphyjo
on 10/18/15 3:01 pm

Well, I have been able to tolerate all meat, including steak, dairy isn't a problem for me, and raw veges have been ok, but I've not had too much room after the protein for anything extra...I was scared to try popcorn, but I can do that too. Everyone is different when it comes to tolerating food...I consider myself very lucky!

SilverGirl2015
on 10/18/15 2:18 pm

I can so relate to this. I'm almost 3 months out, and it's been a learning process for sure!

Luvmygs
on 10/19/15 7:55 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm pretty sure we've all done that and learned from it. It's a very unpleasant feeling. We really need to slow down when eating and take time in between bites. Our new stomach pretty much tells us when its had enough and we should STOP. Congratulations on your 49 lbs and keep up the good work!

psychoticparrot
on 10/19/15 6:55 pm

A lot of sleevers "undereat" their sleeve. That is, they carefully measure out their portions, keeping them just a little below what would make them feel too full. It eliminates the risk of that "one more bite." It's also easier to keep track of what you're eating on your food log.

Congrats on your success so far!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

AngloAm
on 10/21/15 7:48 am

I am fifteen months post-op and it's still not automatic, to pause before bites and to feel okay without the one last one.

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 105 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 332 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 378 views