Post-Op Day 3

Tired_of_Weighting
on 10/28/15 12:57 pm

Well, I was finally discharged from the hospital today. I survived those first 24 hours which were really rough due to the nausea I had post-anesthesia. I even threw up several times, blood, talk about scary! The doctor put me on some strong anti-nausea meds and things got better. So glad to be home today and be able to sleep in my own bed! Thankful for all your advice so far on here and know this will all be worth it in the end if I follow the rules and take care of the tool I have been given to lose weight. I am ready to lose this weight, feel better, and one day be able to permanently reside in "onederland". I haven't been there since I was a teenager! So for whoever encouraged me this far, I say thank you. Praying the worst is behind me. However, I know the next few months will take some getting used to as I adjust to the size of my pouch and learn what things I can and can't eat. :)

suzyq584
on 10/28/15 2:18 pm

So happy to hear you are home!! I started back to work yesterday and am feeling great! The first week or so after surgery was a little rough for me but everyday seemed to get better. I wish the same for you!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Tired_of_Weighting
on 10/28/15 7:04 pm

Thanks for the encouragement! I am feeling better but am not hungry at all but with every drink I get a gurgling in my stomach and a pressure. I have managed to get down 1 Premier Protien and 1 Isopure some water and 1/2 c. cr. ck soup. Is that about normal or too much? My doctor said I should try to hit 48 oz. and 64 oz within the next few days. Also, 65-70 g. of protein. Will the pressure and gurgling that causes belching and gas go away? I am not hungry at all so I don't know what I should be feeling or what my new "full" of liquids should feel like.

suzyq584
on 10/28/15 9:27 pm

Enjoy the "not hungry feeling" while you can! It is one of the huge benefits I've experienced although I'm starting to get the hunger feeling back. Remember, your protein drinks and Isopure count toward your fluid intake.

The gurgling and pressure lesson as you heal, at least mine have. I still experience the need to burp when eating sometimes though and once I do it relieves the pressure. Just take it slow...

I've been told the "full" feeling takes time. Your nerves have been severed and until they heal, you won't feel full. This is why measuring food in the early months is so important. I've just started feeling "full."

Stick with it! Concentrate on your fluids and protein and each day will get better!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views