Forgiveness is divine.

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 5:04 pm

You are an exemplary example for other sleevers, my child. But the temptations of Christmas and New Year's still loom before us. If you stray from the path during the rest of "The Eating Season," I'll be ready to hear your confession. Go in peace.

Father psychoticparrot

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 5:14 pm

Oh, and kairk, nice catch on the a-word. That would have cost you!

Father psychoticparrot

Spencerella
on 11/27/15 6:21 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

Father Psychoparrot, I have no Thanksgiving food transgressions to ask forgiveness for because I'm Canadian. Can I ask forgiveness for being Canadian?  We're always saying sorry and stuff ....  Sorry if I shouldn't have asked ....

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 8:37 pm

Spencerella, my child, there was a Canadian Thanksgiving on October 12. It's not too late for absolution. Confess now, and be comforted.

Father psychoticparrot

need2gethealthy
on 11/28/15 11:50 am

haha you all are so funny.  Thanks for all the laughs.

Donna L.
on 11/27/15 6:41 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I actually have eaten very poorly since Wednesday.  I've been overeating badly.  I realized it was due to stress and saw my counselor.  Nipped that in the bud ASAP.  Back on track now, that's for sure.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 8:40 pm

That you have nipped your transgressions in the bud with counseling shows true repentance. Keep to the path of protein righteousness, and you will do well.

Father psychoticparrot

KathyA999
on 11/28/15 12:19 am

So not looking for absolution, Father Psychoticparrot, because Thanksgiving is one of my "free" meals.  Not the whole day, mind you, just the event - from the point that I arrive at the host's home.  There were many wonderful on-plan things, and of course I enjoyed them, and a few bites of other things - potatoes (maybe a couple forkfuls, they weren't made the way I like them, too creamy), about an ounce of stuffing, a few shortbread cookies, half a pecan bar.  No rolls, no pumpkin pie (I don't like it), no sweet potatoes.  Some wine before dinner, some Bailey's Irish Cream after dinner.  And out.

I have three meals in the year that are "free" - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday. Meals, not a whole day of indulgence. So breakfast and lunch are on-plan, maybe a little lower in calories than usual, maybe not.   I don't dive face-first into the baked goods and sugar, and there are things I stay away from just because with my limited real estate I don't want to waste room on them.  This isn't a maintenance thing, I've reserved these three days from surgery forward.

Mine is not a "moderation" plan - moderation on a daily basis doesn't work for me.  I'm pretty on-plan, kind of a "paleo with dairy" approach, just about all the time (although in maintenance it's not as rigid as it once was).  Just three days a year.  Works for me.

Perhaps other penitents can take hope. 

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

psychoticparrot
on 11/28/15 7:11 am

"But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." You have found it, Kathy my child. Enjoy your "holy days."

Father psychoticparrot

iloveravens
on 11/28/15 6:54 am
RNY on 08/13/14

I ate a whole bag of these:

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Most Active