Been way too long, back at it to vent because. . . yep, I gained.

rissa1224
on 1/18/16 11:50 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Well, its been a super long time and much has happened in those months! All fantastic, except the 1 bad. GAIN.

I had VSG 12/2012. I started at 307 morning of surgery. I got to my lowest about a year or so ago, to 180! YES 180. Today? 218. WHAT. 38 lbs. I got concerned towards the end of summer last year. I went to see a surgeon (since mine moved way too far away) and he at first thought I was a newbie wanting WLS. I was like um, no. He then stopped and listened to my story. He put his hand on my shoulder and told me not to worry. He said that because I lost so much weight in such a short time  that this is my body reacting. He said he can do some test where I swallow liquid and they measure my stomach? ( I don't recall), but it wasn't necessary. I'd say maybe 10lbs of my gain is my 'yes I love beer and carbs sometimes' fault. I get it. But 38? I don't look for people to pat me and say its okay. It isn't okay. But I got this.

I love VSG. It saved my life. While I never had anything 'wrong' medically with me to make me tremendously over weight, the fact that I was over 300lbs, let alone in my 20's was horrid. It's fixable my gain. I know it is.

BTW; last may I met someone amazing, and now we have been officially together for 5 months. Totally accepting of my whole VSG life. He actually think's its great. So, don't fret to the single ones out there, life gets better as you get happier - I promise ;)  

acbbrown
on 1/18/16 1:10 pm - Granada Hills, CA

One thing I've learned ...we all have a different journey. Some people "get it"from the beginning ..some of us need to be knocked on our ass a few times before we "get it". I needed to be humbled with a large regain before I found the solution for me. 

Our tools still work if we work them. You can do this!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

rissa1224
on 1/19/16 6:51 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

I absolutely agree with having differences! I certainly didn't get it from the beginning. I do now. We got this!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/18/16 4:14 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Oops, beer & carbs, that'll do ya. But you've lost the weight, so you know how to get it off, you just gotta re commit to the lifestyle. It sounds like you got to maintenance & got too comfortable. At least you caught yourself now, not when you've gained most of your weight back.

I say take a look back at why you gained the weight back so you can avoid running into this again. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

rissa1224
on 1/19/16 6:52 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Yes it sure does! I have lost a LOT of weight, but now I feel like, why did I go through all of that, just to gain? I didn't. I just got comfortable with eating a little bit, and still enjoying. I am back at being awesome and losing. Already down 1lb. Boom.

ubserved
on 1/18/16 4:44 pm

Attitude is everything, go back to basics and cut out the booze and carbs as much as possible. Be careful though, tell anyone you ate a club sandwich on here and they will be after you with pitchforks and flaming brands. ;)

acbbrown
on 1/18/16 4:54 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Don't let all these anti-sandwich ppl scare you - back when I was around I knew many people here in person and knew some who lied about their diets/food. With rare exception, everyone here will eat a freaking sandwich at some point or another lol. 

But the image of the pitchforks lol. So accurate sometimes. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ubserved
on 1/18/16 5:26 pm

Oh I don't let it scare me, I just find it ironic that people who have their own issues believe that everyone else has the same issues and they don't. I love how they portrayed me as inevitably failing yet I lost half a pound by the next morning after having had the sandwich in parts throughout the day before. I also just find it incredibly amusing that the internet tough guys who jump all over someone probably wouldn't say a peep in it was face to face. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/18/16 6:11 pm

I don't say anything here I don't say face to face.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

CerealKiller Kat71
on 1/18/16 6:43 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Everyone loses during the honeymoon period.  That's why you don't see regain posts in the first year.  It catches up with you -- and long term successes know what it takes to be successful long term.  Sometimes the information a person needs to hear isn't what they want to hear.  That's not the same as attacking someone... 

I would say this directly to your face.  

Since you already "know" everything, it's amazing you ever needed WLS in the first place.  

Good luck with that.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat