Protein Shakes... YUK!!!!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 2/9/16 9:05 am - MI

I'm not sure of your NUT or Doctors approved protein drinks, but Premier Protein was my go to for my liquid diet. I liked the way the chocolate tasted.

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

MyJourney2015
on 2/9/16 9:07 am

I feel for you!!  I had to have diabetic boost for 2 weeks.  I couldn't stand it.  I ended up sucking them through a straw and plugging my nose so I couldn't taste them.  It gives me the willies just to think about.  I hope you find one that you can tolerate.  Keep remembering why you are doing it.

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/16 9:08 am

I love the GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Chocolate flavor. (Hate the vanilla and the cookies and cream flavors, though). Nice thing about GNC is that if you don't like a flavor, they will accept a return. I think that's a pretty awesome service. That's something to keep in mind while you are experimenting. 

Gwen M.
on 2/9/16 9:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You've got to experiment with different ones.  I prefer optimum nutrition powder mixed with unsweetened almond milk - double rich chocolate is my favorite.  Go to a GNC or similar and see if you can try samples.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

L. 68
on 2/9/16 11:11 am

hi Dcapurz,

If you dont like Premier (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry) i dont know what to tell you.  its advertised all over this website.  i drink it now for breakfast and one for on the way home from work.   my surgery date is March 1st why not start now.    

my cousin who had the rny 13 years ago swears by unjury.  your gonna have to try different ones asap before surgery you need the protein.  

i havent seen unjury at costco but that is where i get my Priemier and i like the vanilla and i plan to add fruits in it for the puree stage and blend with my magic bullet.

good luck.

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

diane S.
on 2/9/16 11:50 am

i found Designer Whey to be less offensive tasting.  Also, for a chocolate shake add a tsp of unsweetened coco powder and it has a more adult taste. a blob of greek yogurt in other flavors makes them less sweet.  I used to sprinkle cinnamon on the edge of my glass so i could smell that.   keep your drink icy cold and only pour out a couple ounces at a time. Smoothie King also has a protein powder which tasted better than most. My husband likes Spirituene as it thickens up more like pudding.  Making drinks with unsweetened coconut milk also tastes better.  gl just do it and get it over with.   dines

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

EmilyPanga
on 2/9/16 12:38 pm
VSG on 02/18/16

I'm feeling your pain! I have been on my liquid diet for 5 days now and its horrible! I use Juice plus Complete dutch chocolate and the only recipe I have found drinkable is the a mocha shake. I mix 6 oz of decaf coffee with 1 tbsp of flavored sugar free creamer and add 1/2 cup of carbmaster milk (only sell at kroger I think) and of course a scoop of the protein powder. I drink it over ice and it does taste like a mocha frappa! Be strong! I also eat jello and drink chicken broth which helps.

ubserved
on 2/9/16 12:53 pm

I tried a number of different ones, but the one I came to like was the ready to drink granted I would let them get cold in the fridge first, was Premier Protein shakes, they have Chocolate, Strawberry and Vanilla. I think the Chocolate was the best one. You get them at Costco, I see ads for them here on OH as well. Good luck.

Eggface
on 2/9/16 1:26 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Keep trying different ones... you will find some you like.

And you can jazz them up too. Here's a few ideas for that: https://www.pinterest.com/eggface/protein-shakes-and-smoothi es/ 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

med_tech81
on 2/9/16 4:01 pm
VSG on 01/12/16

I like Premier Protein. I also like 1st Phorm level 1 from Supplement superstores. 

Most Active