Protein Shakes... YUK!!!!

MAchick
on 2/10/16 7:57 am
VSG on 01/27/14

My go-tos were Syntrax Nectars because they are fruity, and not as thick. I like them diluted with a bunch of ice. My favorite flavors are the lemonade, cappuccino latte, and probably pink grapefruit. 

I tried a bunch of their samples and bought big tubs of the ones I like. Two years out, I still drink them. I have gotten tired of one flavor, but I think of protein as medicine. I put a scoop in a cup, mix with just a couple ounces of water, and take it down like cough syrup. Done and done. 

NYMom222
on 2/10/16 10:34 am
RNY on 07/23/14

There is no magic protein shake...it is an acquired taste. I like to take the ready-to-drink Premiers and heat them up like a hot chocolate. Sometimes I will add SF Torani syrup and a splash of milk. When I was going through the "I hate protein powder" stage I found the coffee flavored ones got me through...Click or Fit Frappe or adding Via Instant coffee to chocolate or vanilla helped. A Tbsp of SF instant pudding powder can help the flavor and consistency too. I do like the Inspire brand on the Bariatric eating website, they have great flavors.

I find the SF syrups at Marshalls/Homegoods/TjMaxx and also Shoprite by me has the small bottles. and of course online Netrition is a good place to look.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Heather P.
on 2/10/16 11:21 am

The Premier Protein shakes taste the best to me but everyone is different.  It's best to just try different brands/flavors and see what you can choke down!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

KLE
on 2/10/16 11:50 am
RNY on 02/01/16

Injury chocolate is just like chocolate milk.  A bit sweet but no smell and no after taste.  Good luck!

tech277
on 2/14/16 12:26 pm

muscle milk is AWESOME! They come in ready to drink 11oz containers which are kinda pricey. About $10 for 4, but 32g of protein in each. Tastes like chocolate milk. Didn't like the strawberry or vanilla, but that's just my taste.

MM also comes in a powder which will save about $50 per month for the same amount of servings vs the ready to drink and tastes the same.

I would add 3 ice cubes to the powder mix with water and it was like a chocolate milkshake.

a small scoop of instant coffee can make it even more chocolaty.

hope this helps.

Most Active