Been really worried

Mandyymariee92
on 2/22/16 12:38 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

So, it started about a year ago... Little dizzy spells, They would happen every once in a while out of nowhere, I've seen a cardiologist, neurologist, had cat scans, ekgs, tons of blood work and all they could come up with is its "vertigo"... I've dealt with anxiety my whole life and was kinda leaning towards panic attacks (my dad and his family dealt with the same thing, but I dont know for sure. I have medication for vertigo but it only works sometimes and it makes me feel like crap after I take it. Anyways, my worry is... I have surgery coming up and im just worried that after I have surgery ill already be dealing with alot and dont wanna have to keep dealing with this, or fear it could get worse etc... Im over all pretty healthy except im 267 pounds so I need to lose about 110lbs... Opinions, advice? Ugggh, Im stressing.

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/16 1:15 pm
VSG on 12/17/15

I'd see a psychiatrist to see if they can diagnose it as anxiety, when I have panic attacks I don't get dizzy but I do get light headed and have to lay down for anywhere from an hour to all day. I'm sorry you're dealing with this and I hope you can figure out a solution that works for you. *hugs*

cupofjavaVSG
on 2/22/16 2:12 pm

It could be anxiety and as surgery is approaching your anxiety is increasing. I would reach out to a therapist to help you deal with the symptoms. It sounds like it is not physical. If it was vertigo the medications would work each time you began feeling that way.

Mandyymariee92
on 2/22/16 5:11 pm
VSG on 03/28/16

But this has been going on for a year... Im going to physc on friday and maybe I can try something out that will work? 

hollykim
on 2/22/16 5:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On February 22, 2016 at 8:38 PM Pacific Time, Mandyymariee92 wrote:

So, it started about a year ago... Little dizzy spells, They would happen every once in a while out of nowhere, I've seen a cardiologist, neurologist, had cat scans, ekgs, tons of blood work and all they could come up with is its "vertigo"... I've dealt with anxiety my whole life and was kinda leaning towards panic attacks (my dad and his family dealt with the same thing, but I dont know for sure. I have medication for vertigo but it only works sometimes and it makes me feel like crap after I take it. Anyways, my worry is... I have surgery coming up and im just worried that after I have surgery ill already be dealing with alot and dont wanna have to keep dealing with this, or fear it could get worse etc... Im over all pretty healthy except im 267 pounds so I need to lose about 110lbs... Opinions, advice? Ugggh, Im stressing.

vertigo is just the medical term for dizziness. Saying it is vertigo isn't addressing the core problem of WHY you are having vertigo. 

I am also thinking it is anxiety or panic attacks. 

Tiki3211
on 2/24/16 3:29 pm

I don't want to freak you out, but do not rule out heart issues even if your ekg was normal.  I would request an angioplasty to make sure.  I have a family member that has had the same symptoms and all the tests came back normal except the angioplasty....he was not overweight, but had been experiencing panic attach symptoms...he ended up having a quad bypass.  If heart disease is not in your family, then it may be anxiety...but better safe than sorry.  

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views