10 days till surgery

lost-in-motion
on 3/12/16 2:56 pm
VSG on 03/22/16

So I'm on my pre-op diet and getting ready for surgery in Mexico. I have watched youtube videos for weeks and stalked the forums here as well.  I have a list of what I need for my trip to Mexico. My husband and I are driving to San Deigo from Reno NV(one of my big goals is to fit in an airplane seat comfortably) I am nervous and excited. I cry almost every day my emotions are all over the place. Is there anyone else who is getting ready for surgery and going through this?

Cicily W.
on 3/12/16 3:14 pm - Leesburg, FL
RNY on 03/28/16

Congratulations!  My surgery will be 6 days after yours!  I am super excited and somewhat looking forward to the pre op diet, which I only have to do for 5 days.  I have been preparing myself for post op by doing things like sipping instead of gulping, eating proteins first, then veggies just to get use to the things I will have to do once I'm on the losers bench!  The closers I get to my date the more excited I get!

Cicily

Highest Weight: 365 lbs  Consult Weight: 346.8 lbs  Surgery Weight:  335.0 lbs  Current Weight: 245 lbs 

Dannys_dad
on 3/12/16 4:32 pm

Don't be nervous. It's the best decision you'll make. I had mine done last week.

CLU
on 3/12/16 4:49 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 03/22/16

I am excited for you... my surgery is set for 3/22/16 too !! My surgeon only requires a clear liquid diet for 48 hours prior to the surgery. I get nervous too but am more excited than anything. I can not wait be on the losers bench :) I just keep reminding myself how awesome its going to feel to have my life back and be able to do all the things i use to love to do. 

Good luck with your surgery and you journey !!! 

semora21
on 3/12/16 5:46 pm
VSG on 03/04/16

I just had surgery in Las Vegas a week ago.  I think anyone who has had surgery knows that feeling.  Good luck!  How long do you plan on staying in Mexico after the surgery.  I know based on how I felt last week...I'd say it would have been at least 2-3 days before I would have felt even remotely up to it. 

CMR1075
on 3/14/16 6:18 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Did you have your surgery done with Dr. Umbach semora21?

semora21
on 3/14/16 6:27 am
VSG on 03/04/16

My surgeon was Dr. Lyass.

CMR1075
on 3/14/16 6:29 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Cool! I live in Vegas. My surgeon is Dr. Umbach and I know a lot of people travel to see him so I just thought I'd ask :)

Kala2032
on 3/12/16 8:00 pm - Marrero, LA
RNY on 02/08/16

Good luck on your weight loss journey and good luck to all you posters who have offered her support who are about to go through it. Cant wait to welcome you all to the losers bench!!

I am nearly 5 weeks out (RNY) and its been great. Keep it up Danny too. 

Height 5' 10, HW: 538 lbs 05/2015, SW: 444 lbs 2/2016, CW:213lbs 8/2017

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/16 6:57 am

Many of us have feelings all over the place before surgery. It is such a huge step and in so many ways. So much to think about and prepare for. You won't need much for your trip. I didn't take much and found even what I had was too much but at least you will have your husband with you. I traveled alone and made sure I had a small wheeled bag so there would be no picking up on my way home. Who is doing your surgery? I wish you all good luck. Be looking for your updates after surgery. Enjoy the scenery on the drive and in Mexico.